Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 5D MK II Shutter Sound
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:58 pm 
Hi All,

This afternoon I bought a new 5D MKII - the shutter sound does not sound right - it sounds very springy - also the in the viewfinder, just left of the top AF point there is a black mark.

Any one experienced anything like this on a new 5D MKII?

Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:31 am 

Doesn't sound right? What are you comparing it to? Have a listen on this page here (part way down): http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Revi ... eview.aspx

As for the black spot in the viewfinder, could you describe it a bit more?

Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 7D | Canon Digital Rebel XSi | EF 35mm f/1.4L | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | EF 135mm f/2L | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | 580EX II | LumoPro LP-120

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:40 am 
The shutter sound is different on my 5D MkII when compared to my 300D but very similar to my 40D. Also bare in mind the different sounds you get in different shutter modes eg Continuous, one shot and silent. Try each setting and listen for the difference.
As for the black mark, Gordon does make reference to a "black mark" in this viveo review....... http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon ... iew2.shtml
also go to the full review, you will find it in camera reviews on this web site.

Hope I've been of some help.

TOM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:48 am 
Thanks for the replies - after googling the shutter sound it seem like new 5DMKII's have a springier shutter sound to them...

I have attached a link to a picture of the black mark i have in the viewfinder (sorry about the quality)

http://gallery.me.com/vinmaini/100053

Cheers[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:28 pm 

That's just some dust in the viewfinder house, use a blower to get it away ;)

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:39 pm 

Yeah, I had that in my 7D a couple weeks ago... One puff, and it's gone :) Glad your shutter is okay!

Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 7D | Canon Digital Rebel XSi | EF 35mm f/1.4L | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | EF 135mm f/2L | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | 580EX II | LumoPro LP-120

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:45 pm 
Thanks again for all the replies...I've tried the blower and the mark is still there...it's not a major problem just irritating seeing i only got the camera yesterday and the mark was there straight out the box

i will take it into Calumet tomorrow.

Cheers