Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:24 pm 
H all,

Strange subject title huh? :D

I have a friend who runs a cupcake school (how to cook and styles of decorations)

He has asked me to recommend a camera so he can take pictures (regularly) for the website of the cupcakes and other promotion etc

He is not a photographer and never used a SLR camera so i thought of the G10, simple to use, shoot in RAW, use flash guns etc and you dont have the extra expense on buying lenses. is there anyone thats used the G10 for still life?

the other option was the 600D with the kit lens and buy a Macro Lens for the cup cake shots.

He's a website developer so he uses photoshop alot so RAW is a must as i know he'll enjoy 'tweaking' pics, and although he's never used a SLR he's dont some pretty good artwork in the past so i dont think he'll struggle with the composition side

he did say he would use the camera for family life too

Thanks in advance for the help
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:59 am 

Id think about the G11 or G12 instead of the G10, if youre talking about the 600D... The G10 is quite noisy, the G12 and G11 arent that noisy, and a DSLR is of course something else.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies