Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:38 pm 

Well, after thinking long and hard about what I should do and how much longer it would take me to save the necessary funds, a deal came up on that popular auction site that was too good to pass up. A local girl who was selling all her gear to fund an overseas trip had a 1 year old 70-200 f/2.8 non-IS with a buy it now and make an offer price. After some back and forth negotiating price we settled on a price that we were both happy with so I'm now I'm over the moon to say I'm the proud owner of my very first L series lens :D :D .

I trialled it out at her house when I went to pick it up and fired off some pics of her cat - man I gotta say this beast focuses fast. After giving it more of a work out over the last couple of days I'm now 100% positive I made the right choice with some very nice results.

Thanks once again to all who contributed to my original post.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55078072@N06/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:55 am 
I wish more range and real weather (which exclude the 100 - 400L). So, I got 70 - 300L. As I am from the 70-105 F4. With your 55-250, you will get a similar aperture in the F4 Wide. See if you can achieve what you like.