Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:35 pm 

I saw the release of the powershot N on gizmodo UK, I just thought it was some kind of practical joke by the website at first but it turns out its a real camera, Im not sure where it fits into the market, specs wise its pretty good but the strange shape isnt for me. I mean zooming on an iPhone isnt that easy so a camera without a zoom rocker cant be a good idea. Ohh yeah virtual shutter as well.

What was wrong with the other Ixus/powershot cameras, I mean they were hardly huge.
The only thing i could see it being useful for would be an elderly person, I mean the two strap attachments either side of the body could allow them to keep it round their neck at all times, thats assuming its easy enough to use.

One good thing though, USB charging, i really like that Idea and have never understood why canon never implemented that into other cameras.

Anyway, camera labs forum doesn't seem as busy as it used to be anyone else noticed that?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gareththomasjones/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:44 pm 

I like it, and if the price is right, I can see myself getting one. Seems to list around $300 for now, so if it goes down a bit it'll be sweet. You need to think outside the conventional box. This has the potential to open some avenues not easily possible with regular compacts or camera phones.

In case I missed it, are there any other (ultra-)compact cameras with a flip screen? For the purposes of this argument, interchangeable lens cameras are far too big.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:36 pm 

I think the key features on the camera are the touch screen, and the fact that it flips. I don't really understand why they couldn't have just put a flippy screen on one of the current small power shots. I think the lack of grip could be a problem. But I suppose once I have had a play with it In real life my opinion might have changed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:43 pm 

I was wrong about the zoom, it's a dial around the lens, I'm warming to the idea but I'm not sure I would use one, I haven't used my ixus a great deal since I got my 60d