Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:00 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Exposure bracketing
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:25 am 
How do I set Exposure bracketing using the 40D so that I can play with HDR? You guys have wet my appetite in this regard. The effect is fantastic.

I'm using the Program over Manual mode for the Canon 40D, 24-70mm F/2.8. Is this ok? What is the difference from M over P mode? I’m still reading the manual. I have severe dyslexia so it is taking me a long time to read it. Up to page 80 now.

I seem to get better indoor pictures too if I set the ISO to auto and it sets it to 800 on depressing the shutter mid-way, under a particular scenario – 5:30AM this morning in a poorly light back bedroom with a 60W tungsten bulb and curtains pulled closed. If I force it at ISO 100, it is not such a good picture. So should I be too concerned with having all pictures set to ISO 100.

What does any one think. Should I aim for ISO 100 or let the camera do the ISO settings. I guess I could use the auto ISO setting as a guide and then manually adjust from there. But is the camera mostly right? For a newbie, should I go with what the camera says.

What exactly does the F number mean and do? For example, the camera may set the F number to 2.8, but I can manually set it to 7.1. What is this, exposure or what? I’m still learning and playing with the camera but some insight would be good. I’ve learnt a lot so far but I haven’t uploaded to the comp yet. May be I should.

I’m bog down with white balancing and grey card use research etc so I will get around to it.

I will leave the creative modes alone but the aperture (Tv) etc are new to me so again I need to read up on this. Got an excellent book coming to show and tell me when and why I should use this and that setting but it won’t arrive until after Christmas when I was going to use it most.

Thanks for any help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:03 pm 
I figured out the exposure bracketing. Hadn't got that far in the manual.

Been down with a chest infection exasperated by asthma and the flue. So spent a lot on time in bed sleeping it off.

Here I come HDR 