Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:10 pm 
Thought so Steve ;-)

I wanted to go there as I loved Victor Hugo’s Miserables. We started at the crepe, then Notre Dame, had lunch in a café along side the right of Notre Dame, walked around the side to see the rose (like the one in your picts), walked alone the bridge and watched a guy painting beautiful images using spray paint and card (got two of those) and then we walked to the Gardens. We were only there for 20 mins when the siren went off to say that it was about to close. We went back the way we came and at 8PM I was touching the door of Victor Hugo’s home. It’s a museum now about him but we couldn’t go in as it was closed for renovation work.

It was a great mid-Nov week there. One of my favourites was The Louvre and the trip down The Seine before and after twighlight. I picked that time for Emma as I new the lighting would change from a blue sky to the “City of Lights”.

We will go back some day.

With regards to the making huge links small, go here:

http://tinyurl.com

Use the one we used for your photo and see if you get the same result.

So enter into the box called “Enter a long URL to make tiny:”

http://picasaweb.google.com/stevenjcoll ... 0014462242

Now click on the button called “Make TinyURL”.

It will create the tiny URL links to your left of this box.

Did it work for you Steve?

Bookmark it for convenience.

Ok, I help you with computers; you help me with photography – deal? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:47 pm 

seattlesteve wrote:
...btw - What's that "tinyurl" thing? How did you get that long link down to such a 'tiny' link?

Excuse me if I step in here but while the TinyURL site is useful for making links smaller there is a far better way of doing this which also avoids making a trip through the TinyURL site. Please consider using the "[url=..]..[/url]" syntax as detailed on this BBCode "How To" page. (See what I mean :idea: )

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:21 pm 
Ok Bob sir :) but regardless the TinyURL does not cause the problems with page format using long URLs. So there shouldn't be an issue using either method - yes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:20 pm 

G wrote:
Ok Bob sir :) but regardless the TinyURL does not cause the problems with page format using long URLs. So there shouldn't be an issue using either method - yes?

Actually, and in the gentlest possible way, there is a small issue with using TinyURL but, before I even mention it, can I say that this is a personal view and not a forum rule. :wink:

If you post links using TinyURL then when a reader mouses over the link without clicking on it there is no clue on the IE or Firefox Status Bars as to where the link will take you. For example, mouse over (but don't click) the following two hyperlinks and check the contents of the left of the Status Bar (assuming it's visible):
See what I mean? Why not use the "[url=..]..[/url]" syntax described at this BBCode "How To" page? It's also arguably quicker to do than visiting the TinyURL site.

Again, this is a personal view but as Steve asked the question I thought it worthwhile to offer an alternative. 8)

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:26 am 
Well I do mention what my links mean but I will have to read up on the other format Bob, as I haven't used that before. It will be quicker your way though.

Expect the new format soon :D