Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: CANON 400D FIRMWARE..?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:30 pm 
Hi all...i've just purchased a new 400D and am having trouble accessing the canon site for some reason...i'm just curious to know if my firmware is up to date... ver: 1.0.4
also, if not, does anyone have tips on how to update via cf card...would i have to buy a cf card reader for my PC to be able to load this on?

Thanks..Russell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Russell, welcome to the forums!

Firmware updates are normally installed by first downloading a file from the manufacturer's website which you copy onto a CF card using your PC or Mac. Then you insert the card in the camera and use a menu to activate the update; sometimes the camera just spots the update on the card and starts the process automatically. This process can vary between cameras though, so always follow the instructions on the firmware download page.

That said, I believe 1.0.4 is the latest firmware for the 400D / XTi, so yours sounds like it is up to date!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:25 pm 
FYT - I just purchased the EOS 400D and the firware is the 1.0.4, therefore, indeed this seems to be the latest update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:51 am 
Canon updated the fiemware for the 400D on 17th April 2007 to Ver 1.0.5, I updated mine a couple of weeks ago by downloading the file to my PC and then copying the extracted file to the CF Card via a card reader and then inserting card into camera, camera found new file straight away just followed instructions and two - three minutes later job done.
More detailed instructions on Canon web site.

Post subject: 400D Firmware 1.0.5
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:07 am 

Hi Roy,

My own firmware is obviously in need of an update as I can't find firmware 1.0.5 for the 400D on the (UK) Canon website. Any chance of posting a link to the appropriate page?

Bob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:52 am 
Site Admin

Hi guys, the Canon 400D / XTi update can be found at the Canon Japan website here.

I've not got a 400D in at the moment, so can't vouch for it, but I'm not sure it addresses the underexposure issues...

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:55 pm 
Hi Bob

Don't know if this link is the same as Gordon has posted, but it is the one I used so click here http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/BeBit-e.html

Post subject: EOS 400D Firmware
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:47 pm 

Roy,

Thanks for the link. Now that I know what to look for I find that at http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/index.asp there is a link called "Firmware Updates" pointing to http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/BeBit-e.html which is, of course, off-site.

Hence doing a search on the UK Canon site for "1.0.5" produced nothing of interest. The site must have been designed by Bart Simpson. Hold on, I can feel a Homer Simpson moment coming on...

Doh!

That's better.

Bob.