Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Question for Gordon
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:36 am 
Hey Gordon, about the 40D you mentioned Effective anti-dust during our test period.... is it the same system as the xti ?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:52 am 
Site Admin

I asked Canon this and here's the reply:

"On the EOS 400D & EOS 40D the camera vibrates the first layer of the 3-layer low pass filter. on the EOS 40D the piezo electic element is mounted on the side of the frame, on the EOS 400D it's fitted to the top of low-pass filter layer 1. The dust removal performance of the EOS 400D, EOS 40D, EOS-1D Mark III and EOS-1Ds Mark III is essentially the same. The distance between the layers in the low pass filter are not part of the disclosed specifications."

So they are slightly different, but it doesn't sound like by a great deal.

I can't say one is definitely better than the other, but during our test period, I personally suffered from less dust on the 40D than I did on the 400D / XTi - but that could have been pure luck.