Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Non-Rotating Images
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:40 am 
Hi - just got my Canon 400D with EF-s 17-85mm Lens and a BGe3 grip.

In first few shots I have been trying to view portrait pictures in the view finder but the camera isn't rotating them - like it does on my IXUS.
I checked the menu settings to make sure that it says auto-rotate on and it does.

ANyone know why the photos in the view finder aren't auto rotating?

Thanks

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:45 am 
In playback mode (thats the button just above the trash can) if auto rotate is on you will see that photos taken in portrait will be the right way up, it is only when you see your few second previews that they are on there side. Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:37 am 
Defiant - thanks for the reply.

I have found out a couple of things - firstly you are right it is only on playback, secondly if you have autorotate switched off then take a portrait image then switch it back on - the portrait miage you took with it off will not be rotated automatically.
Finally I was expecting this feature to work like it does on my IXUS - whereby if I hold the camera horizontally the images rotate when played back and vice versa when I hold the camera vertically - thus using the whole of the lcd screen. However it doesn't work like this!

Tom