Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 34  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:39 am 
It's Power Retouche and not Power Render (it's a 3d game development kit). Sorry for the unintentional screw-up :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:34 am 
After much mulling about and reading pages of info and comparing hundreds of photos I finally ordered mine today from Newegg.

Looking forward to some good results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:36 pm 
Congratulations! Post your shots fast ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:31 pm 
I'll be sure to as soon as I get used to the digital format.

I should have it in my hands by noon tomorrow with any luck. Boy is this going to be different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:44 pm 
It's a lot more easier and fun than what you are used to (film). All you need to do is CLICK - shutter button and mouse button. The greatest advantage of digital photography is that you can actually see what you"ll get even before fully pressing the shutter. And when you do press the shutter, you instantly see what exactly you've got. If you aren't satisfied, take another - or hundreds more. You can then manipulate the photos in millions of ways if you want to. But the greatest thing is that your masterpieces/memories are going to last a lot longer. It's incredible.

Post subject: camera bag
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:53 pm 
Hello,

I created a separate post about camera bags for the SX10 IS before I saw this "official" thread. Figured I should link to that thread here in case anyone else is looking for a similar bag:

http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12557

Great bag so far.

Cheers,
Matt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:06 am 
Hello again,

How many pictures are you guys (and girls) getting on a single charge, and what type of batteries do you use? I know this varies depending on shooting style, but I don't seem to be getting much out of my Energizer NiMH 2500 mAh rechargeables (maybe 100 pics), and I am considering replacing them. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:25 am 
You should get at least 500 best quality pics. The use of flash, zoom, menus, playback etc all play their part in eating up the charge, but 100 is unthinkable. Get a replace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:00 am 
I'm used to manipulating photos through PS, but that was because they were always shot on a camera phone and had to be manipulated.

I haven't shot film in several years now because it's such a PITA for processing and cost. For some film types I had to either mail in or drive 40 miles to the nearest processor.

I live out in the sticks now. Nice and quiet.

I'm looking forward to learning the new format. If I like it as much as I hope, a Canon DSLR will probably be in my future. I first want to see what I can squeeze out of the SX10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:07 am 
For portraits (people), landscapes and other static shots, I think it's good enough. For A0 size prints and low light/sports/high speed photography, a DSLR (or the G1/G2 types) is the way to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:03 am 
I may be doing some lower light photography, but the entire scene would not be dark. There are many smaller lights within what I'll be shooting both video and still. Mostly still though.

Not much into sports. I can't even afford a seat at a MLB game anymore. It's outrageous what an afternoon at the ball park costs nowdays.

I remember spending about $100 USD total for an enjoyable afternoon and now that has more than doubled.

Post subject: moon
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:04 am 
There was a nice full moon out tonight, and I thought I'd give it a try. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get a clearer picture, do let me know. I'm quite new to this.

http://links.cse.msu.edu:8000/members/m ... 9/Moon.jpg

1/160, f/8, ISO80

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:21 am 
Is that the actual photo or an enlargement or crop?

I'd say you are zoomed in too far. The CA is very apparent on both limbs. back off the zoom and sacrifice a larger image for a crisper image. Try to go out far enough to lose the CA.

They make a filter for achro's that all but eliminated the CA, but I don't know of one for cameras.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:27 am 
Michael E. wrote:
Is that the actual photo or an enlargement or crop?

I'd say you are zoomed in too far. The CA is very apparent on both limbs. back off the zoom and sacrifice a larger image for a crisper image. Try to go out far enough to lose the CA.

They make a filter for achro's that all but eliminated the CA, but I don't know of one for cameras.

It's a crop. Thanks for the tips!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:40 am 
It's a lot like using too large of an eyepiece on a telescope. You can put a 4mm in the eyepiece holder and get right down to the surface, but you can't make out much detail.

My 6" f/8 1100mm achro was awesome on the moon with a 20mm and a CA filter. But try to get right down into a valley with a 4mm and it was all over.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 34  Next