Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: filters on SX10 is
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:27 pm 
I will order the Lensmate filter holder for the sx10is and planing to get some filters.
I'm thinking of buying the Hoya Filter Introduction Kit (UV + Circ Polar. + Warm) 58mm.It's about 42 USD+taxes here but I think it's irrelevant to you guys.
Do you have any other sugestions for me? This is the first time I buy filters so I'm new to this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:33 pm 
I ordered my adapter yesterday, and I'm planning on buying a UV, polarizer and neutral density filter. There's this guy in eBay that is a Hoya distributor and has free worldwide shipping, with good prices.

My only concern is that if when I add up all the accesories, I almost end up with a third of the camera's cost, just in filters!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:02 pm 
Julian wrote:
I ordered my adapter yesterday, and I'm planning on buying a UV, polarizer and neutral density filter. There's this guy in eBay that is a Hoya distributor and has free worldwide shipping, with good prices.

My only concern is that if when I add up all the accesories, I almost end up with a third of the camera's cost, just in filters!

I got the SX10 for 370 USD in december so another 70-80 USD(filter adapter,filters,new lens hood&lenscap) is allright for me.That's well below the SX1's budget(might even squeeze in a half-decent tripod and still be under :wink: )
So The SX10is + all the accesories is still far cheaper than the SX1................. and get better pictures :lol:

I'm soooo cool with that 8) (and the RAW will come eventualy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:59 pm 
antipropho wrote:
...(and the RAW will come eventualy)

Let's hope that event occurs soon enough...

Post subject: Re: filters on SX10 is
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:14 pm 
antipropho wrote:
I will order the Lensmate filter holder for the sx10is and planing to get some filters.
I'm thinking of buying the Hoya Filter Introduction Kit (UV + Circ Polar. + Warm) 58mm.It's about 42 USD+taxes here but I think it's irrelevant to you guys.
Do you have any other sugestions for me? This is the first time I buy filters so I'm new to this.

Looks like a good starter set to me! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:58 pm 
weekend shots with the SX10IS
the sky was very cloudy in the afternoon.
first pic in TV mode 1/400
second pic AV f8.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:01 pm 
Looks like Transylvania got some new snow! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:18 pm 
and then some! :lol:
I've planed this trip to a Ski Resort for a month now and thought it would all go to waste but in the last week it snowed like crazy !
took a lot of good photos
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:56 am 
Hi, I am confused.
I hear allot of talk on how the SX10IS cannot take filters and how great that Lensmate has stepped in to make a filter adapter. But however my sister has just bought a SX10IS with a 52mm lens protector. (she got it after playing with mine :lol: )
The guy at the camera shop just got on of the shelf and screwed it on. It is a good fit and won't come off unless it is unscrewed. It even has threads in it so that you can put other filter on over it, so why do we need a aftermarket adapter that prevents you from using the hood?

Or am I missing something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:19 am 
MaDMaXX wrote:
It seems many filters etc do fit, there is no thread on the lens, it's just a series of ridges for the lens cap to hang on to.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:05 am 
Dear Gurus,

well Canon SX10 is my first step towards serious fotography...before this it was just kodak simple digicam....so now i am becoming curious day by day what i can and cant do with my SX10....

I went thru the user manual...and i have to go again thru it as it was too much for me to grasp in one go....but in the manual I cudnt find any place where it is mentioned how I can take a bust of shots with a single shot...i.e. 10 or 12 pics with 1 click....does SX10 has this functionality :?:

and I also didnt understood the continous mode ??...what it does ?? :roll:

and thanks to all for shring your views and experiences...its really helpful for novice people like me.... :D

cheers,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:02 pm 
try page 108; 109 in the english user manual: continuous shooting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:38 pm 
DrifterNz wrote:
Hi, I am confused.
I hear allot of talk on how the SX10IS cannot take filters and how great that Lensmate has stepped in to make a filter adapter. But however my sister has just bought a SX10IS with a 52mm lens protector. (she got it after playing with mine :lol: )
The guy at the camera shop just got on of the shelf and screwed it on. It is a good fit and won't come off unless it is unscrewed. It even has threads in it so that you can put other filter on over it, so why do we need a aftermarket adapter that prevents you from using the hood?

Or am I missing something?

Not everyone has been able to fit 52mm filters, and also as has been mentioned: the SX10 doesn't have grooves to screw, it has bayonet mount.

The adapter is 58mm because apparently 52 can cause vignetting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:45 pm 
Quote:
Not everyone has been able to fit 52mm filters, and also as has been mentioned: the SX10 doesn't have grooves to screw, it has bayonet mount.

The adapter is 58mm because apparently 52 can cause vignetting.

so I would be better off to get the adapter rather than just screwing a 52mm lens on then....

Cheers for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:31 pm 
Well if you have the chance to test it before you buy it and it doesn't do vignetting in your camera, go for it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 34  Next