Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:02 am 
I currently bought a canon rebel xt which comes with the standard 18-55kit, and even after a month of playing with it I start to realize the problems with CA and disortion. I am now planning to upgrade it to either Sigma 24-60mmf2.8 DG or Canon 18-55mm f3.5/5.6 IS. Despite the difference in their zoom length, in terms of overall image quality which one will be better? Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:36 am 
well, if you want to upgrade from kits lens you can consider also : Tamron SP 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD-IF.
I suggest this Tamron lens rather than Sigma 24-60mmf2.8 DG eventhough I've just had a 24-105mm f/4 lens
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:31 am 
Site Admin

Hi James, I don't think switching to the 18-55mm with IS will make the big difference it sounds like you're after...

You might find this article interesting:

http://www.cameralabs.com/features/Cano ... s_upgrade/

Post subject: Sigma 24-60
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:47 am 
James, I bought the Sigma 24-60 F2.8 - 3 months ago. It has remained in my camera bag since then. I can only get a sharp picture at F8. Very disappointed in this lens.