Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:35 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:30 pm 
Greetings all
I'm in a bit of dilema in which lenses above i should buy.i read some reviews about them ... both having prons and cons.
I wanna buy a lens that i will be using most of the time on my camera for like 70-80% of the situations.And i narrowed down my options to these 2.
Haven't heard very much bad feedbacks on the sigma ... in stead i heard some of the tamron.Lot of users complaining about the tamrons focus problems , and some of its build quality saying that after 1 year or so of use it started showing serious signs of wear.I know that it depends on the version you get and how you handle itbut still you have the take into consideration other peoples opinion.
Mostly i do club and concert photography but i would like to start trying some weddings in the near future.As my budget momentarily isn't that big for a 17-55 nikon, i wanna choose between these 2.
Also ... is it worth paying more for the VC version of the tamron ?
I would appreciate any comments or feedbacks from people who have used these lenses or have been in this dilema :D.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:49 pm 

SalajanV wrote:
Also ... is it worth paying more for the VC version of the tamron ?

If much of your shooting is done at a lowish shutter speed and it's not practical to use a tripod/monopod, it's worth considering paying the premium. It's arguably worth more consideration when you're shooting with longer-barreled lenses but with it certainly won't hurt having it on shorter focal lengths such as your two examples.