Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:46 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:00 am 

:( I almost bought a sony 18-55 to travel with but was out of stock. :?

WHile away i was told a Tamron eqivalent is a better lens & a better price :shock:

Ive looked online and can find nothing?The Sigma Tamron sites dont list addapters just "sony" "Nikon" but not WHICH Sony.

Sony have always been a problem with adapters for example power adapters that might be 12v but no third party plug will work or the outer metal is positive

I bought my sony NEX 3 as its very good value and with the firmware is very good to use,but even this sony needs an adapter for sony lenses

SONY NEX lenses :( i thought id buy the new 30mm again no one stocks them :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:40 am 
As far as I know, the Tamron lenses shown in the Tamron website refer to the alpha-mount not the NEX e-mount. You would then need an a-mount to e-mount adapter to use such lenses on the NEX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:44 am 

Hi contrast,

Sigma state at various places if lenses are Sony/Minolta compatible. That reference to Minolta implies the lenses are A-mount. Tamron aren't so forthcoming but if they say "Sony" then assume A-mount. Zeiss say "Alpha bayonet" for their normal third party lenses but, of course, Sony also directly sell a Zeiss branded E-mount lens. There's nothing that I'm aware of to stop you using any A-mount lenses on a NEX via an adaptor though I think you'd have to check to see if there were any functional restrictions. Samyang have produced an E-mount fish-eye.

It's ironic that Sony have arguably produced the compact system camera by which all others may be judged (the NEX-7, although it has been delayed due to the floods) but there are still a lot of gaps in the E-mount lens line-up. Maybe the Carl ZeissĀ® Sonnar 24mm f/1.8 is a sign that there is more to come. I certainly hope so.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:58 pm 

Sony "A" :(

The adapter is expensive heavy :roll: and only the adapter with the reflex mirror which is large & heavy has full functions plus a super focus system.The sony reflex lenses are of course,for the NEX,bulky heavy :roll: and costly

It would be far better for me to buy the 18-55mm or the huge 18-200 if it were available :?

I ordered the new 30mm f1:8 i think which would have been a good lens for me,i just checked the delivry date which still says end september?

Has the sony lense production plant been flooded?? I havnt read anything about flooding nor production delays.

The NEX is good,i just hope Sony dosnt find out or the price will remain high,

A few days ago on a Russian metro line holding on with one hand with the other i changed the asa white balance and spot focusing took an image,the a seires,

By chance there was another tourist just behind me with a family & Nikon D300 he was amazed at the flexability of my tiny point & shoot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:49 pm 
The prospects don't look good:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:21 pm 

:( That s bad i had no idea the floods were so bad,there's nothing in the papers about it at least the UK papers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:19 pm 

Hi contrast,

I've posted a few times on the subject here on the forum but the most thorough, and depressing, summary I've seen to date is this one from Imaging Resource. :evil:

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:33 pm 
It would be nice to see something like the Samyang 35mm F/1.4 available for NEX mount.