Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: m42 screw mount lenses
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:58 pm 
I just discovered Two m42 lenses in some old camera gear i got from relatives.
I found a Fujica 55mm 2.2 and a Vivitar 28mm 2.5.

Ordering a m42 to Sony a mount adapter now but was wondering if anyone else has already done this and if so how well does it work?

Will post pics once the adapter gets here.. (its shipping from china so it might be a while.)

Post subject: m42 screw mount lenses
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:54 am 
Clive hello,
I don't know about the lenses or camera that you have, but M42 is the same as the mount on the older (screw mount) Pentax Spotmatic 35mm SLR cameras (and several others) from yester-year. I have a Spotmatic and it still works perfectly.

I also have a much newer Vivitar Series 1 90mm f 2.5 macro lens with an M 42 thread. This works just fine on the Spotmatic and also, with an adapter, works well on a Pentax *ist DS DSLR (bayonet mount). I guess what I'm saying is that I have no issues with adapters to fit a different brand of lens to most any camera.

That said, be aware that "as advertised" doesn't always mean that what you get in the mail will work as you expect it to. Be careful, especially on eBay and select vendors that allow returns rather than those that do not. Use Pay Pal for additional protection and look carefully at the seller's rating.

Be well,
richardmaple

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:43 pm 
lol you reply fast richardmaple, does anyone have any cheap m42 lenses they wanna show off samples here? i'm interested