Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Brown County Indiana
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:25 pm 
I had to wait for over 2 hours for this little guy to show up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17599437@N05/2804176032/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:51 pm 
Nice capture. But for the convenience of the viewers here it is usually preferred to show the photo directly in the thread. Like this...

I noticed it was taken at 800 ISO and must admit the noise is quite noticeable. I think this photo would benefit greatly from a bit of extra noise reduction.

BTW is this a 100% crop or is it reduced in size?

Ben

Last edited by Cam-I-Am on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:55 pm 
Thanks Ben, I have tried unsuccessfully to post the picture in the thread, maybe you can lend some guidance. I am new to DSLR photography so the ISO setting was unintentional. If I can catch him again, I will definately tune down the ISO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:02 pm 
Here is the Flickr page explaining how to obtain the URL of your photos. You could bookmark it for easy reference.

http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#68

Then enclose that URL with image tags and the photo will show up in the thread..

[img]URL%20of%20your%20photo%20without%20leading%20or%20trailing%20spaces%20and%20ending%20in.jpg[/img]

Then check with the [Preview] button and if everything is OK post with the [Submit] button.

That's the simplest way to do it.

And although a lower ISO setting would have been preferable if light conditions allow this amount of noise can easily be removed without any noticeable degradation of the photo. You should give it a try with whatever software you have available that is capable of NR. If you want I can show you how it would look on this photo.

Ben

Post subject: noise
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:00 pm 
Ben -

Just wondering if you know whether shooting in RAW will help reduce noise in the photos?