Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:20 am 
"We'll I Keep Try'n!"

...a couple more of my backyard friends. Thoughts! Comments?

White Wing Dove

White Wing Dove

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:50 am 

BEEEEYuti-ful..

Love these close up shots, and so well captured, with that little dab of white...I never knew they had blue around their eyes...very well presented, and love the colors and the light...yipeeee you made these just right!!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:20 am 
Some pretty crisp shots right there mate! Those are some shots that we can only pull of a with a tele! I tried shooting birds with my 50mm f/1.8 and i can tell you its kind of hard when they are moving and you need to MF!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:04 pm 
patti wrote:
BEEEEYuti-ful..

Love these close up shots, and so well captured, with that little dab of white...I never knew they had blue around their eyes...very well presented, and love the colors and the light...yipeeee you made these just right!!

patti

"Thanks" patti Here's a few notes I was able to find about the White-winged Dove:

Conservation Status

Common and increasing it breeding range. Declined in early 20th century because of over hunting and habitat destruction, but populations rebounded. Hunted in Arizona and Texas.
Other Names

Tourterelle à ailes blanches (French)
Las palomas de alas blancas (Spanish)
Cool Facts

* Although the White-winged Dove is mostly resident in the Southwest, it is expanding its range, and individuals can be found far afield. White-winged Doves have been seen from Alaska to Ontario, Maine, Newfoundland, and most places inbetween.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:54 am 

Do you have quackage in Mesa?

Thank you for teaching me more about these pretty birds, I live at the base of a mountain range called the Sierra Palomas..how much of a co-winkiedink is that? Ya learn something new, every single day, if you keep your eyes open.
Around here, it happens to me every day...

gracias
patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:15 am 
patti wrote:
Do you have quackage in Mesa?

Thank you for teaching me more about these pretty birds, I live at the base of a mountain range called the Sierra Palomas..how much of a co-winkiedink is that? Ya learn something new, every single day, if you keep your eyes open.
Around here, it happens to me every day...

gracias
patti

patti, I'm not sure what you're asking when you ask: Do you have quackage in Mesa?

As far as the teaching goes; I most always do some information research about any and all the wildlife that I photograph. I enjoy knowing at least a little bit about the animals and birds I come across.

Once again I thank you for taking interest in my photos. I'm hope we'll be talking again real soon! Thanks, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:10 pm 
Well done Mike two cracking shots of those beautiful doves.