Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: China Nature Ramble
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:49 am 
Hello all,

Went on a little nature ramble yesterday and here are some pics:

All taken with the D300 and the Nikkor 18-200mm. Converted from Raw & levels adjustments in Capture NX. Sharpened in PS CS3.

Got some landscapy ones too that I'll post later in the Natural Landscapes forum.

Sorry Patti, no Peking ducks, just chicken & chicks :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:52 am 

No worries..... :wink: I forgot to mention, about chickens..I like them too. And I like these mo' bedder then alot of things...cute little peeps..I would love a copy of them, to print BIG...

gotta go check them again..makes me so happy...I like the one with the hen, the close up portrait. C. Mark...good to see ya postin your head off, looked at the good landscape shots, and I liked them, too. I know something good is coming...something a little different, and well thought out...when I see you started a thread...whooohooooo!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:07 am 
Cheers Patti! I did indeed disappear for a couple of months so now I'm making up for lost time :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:17 am 
those lil chicks look delicious! and not in the i wanna eat them sorta way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:38 am 

whew! that is good to know palakaboy :wink:

I counted over twenty little peeps, but it is late, here, past my bedtime, almost 1 AM....accccccccccccch..and they are blury..must mean my apeture is off, or my shutter speed is "fowled"..I am gonna hafta hibernate to catch up on my beauty sleep now..Alex, if you wander down here, count them, wouldja?

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:20 am 
Really nice shots C.Mark

I particularly like 4 and 6 both of which I think are stunning as would be #2 had it had a similar background to #6 (not your fault obviously - just too much light coloured plant stems causing a bit of distraction IMHO).

Great job! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:42 am 
Nice shots!

Do peking ducks refer to a specific kind of duck or just the "finished product".? :wink: I think patti might be a bit disappointed to see the later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:58 am 
Thanks for your comments guys, very much appreciated!

Graham, I think you know the answer to that :) I guess you could call ducks that live there, Peking ducks, but I must admit I only know them served up with pancakes, cucumber & soy sauce....oops...sorry Patti!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:43 pm 

no harm, no fowl.

got to go ride horses today, so I am going to count chicks later today..peep.

..ACKKKKK
it is later,now, and I just tookalook..
I think there are 31? that is alot of babies for one mama hen...