Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:36 am 
Hello,

On a backpacking trip last year I took this picture, and have just now remembered about it... I think it was a bit lucky that they happen to be looking the same ways, and that they are still. This picture was taken with my sony cybershot, so, please be nice :wink:

Whiskey Jacks

EDIT: I boosted the color in one, and made the other black and white, see which one you like better!

Boosted the Color/temperature

Black and White

Thanks!

Last edited by gamerz on Sun May 25, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:40 am 

gamerz wrote:
Hello,

On a backpacking trip last year I took this picture, and have just now remembered about it... I think it was a bit lucky that they happen to be looking the same ways, and that they are still. This picture was taken with my 7.2mp sony cybershot, so, please be nice :wink:

Whiskey Jacks

EDIt: For some odd reason the picture is not working, so I'll just show a link to my Flickr.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2386/2490317317_9029dbd451.jpg?v=0

When you post it as an image you have to get rid of the ?v=0.

Jake

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:41 am 
Ah, thank you, I'll try that now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:46 am 
Sorry to bring this thread up again, but... Anyone have anything to comment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:40 am 
Hi gamerz,

Good thing that you did, since I didn't have the pleasure of viewing them earlier.

I think you have a great capture there. Composition is good and you have - amazingly - managed to get them to sit in formation with their heads turned in the same direction. What's next, getting them to salute? :-)

It's a dramatic image due to the angle and the harsh light. Contrast is high on this one - the dark is very dark and the white is very white.

It's interesting because it is different than many other bird-shots. Also the colors are close to being B&W against the colored sky, which adds to the contrast as well.

It might be interesting to convert to a full B&W perhaps?

The overhanging branch sticking out from top-center can perhaps be cloned out to make the composition more "pure" or "simple" in order to enhance the iconic nature of the shot.

A small dash of warming may perhaps take some of the starkness of it out - however, it's the contrasts that help make this image what it is.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:22 pm 
Thank you!

I'll convert it to Black and White and post that in a bit...