Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 161  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:55 pm 

I have seen them all. They actually show them like advertisements in television here in England. They are great.

Canon EF 75-300
Canon Speedlite 430EX Flash
Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod
Manfrotto 804RC2 Head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:44 pm 
Patti - those babies are ADORABLE!!! Very good shots. I need to work on getting mine as crisp and in focus as that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:22 pm 
Found some more babies....

Great Swamp, Basking Ridge, NJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:19 am 

Whoooohoooooooooooooooooooo! Great shots, see how much fun this is? I know wonderful this shot is, how you are putting things together...it takes alot to get a great shot...and it is not so easy as it seems...

I appreciate all of the ducks you have posted, but so far, this one tops them all..and I know you will keep going...I saw your peacocks that you posted...will go up there tomorry, and look harder at them..

This one is really nice and sharp, and those babies are gettin BIG!

patti

I work tomorrow but on Tuesday, I am going to go and see my ducks, too, I sure hope they are out..

Last edited by patti on Thu May 15, 2008 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:51 pm 

Here is an Aylesbury duck, as seen at the Cotswold Farm Park, UK. Not a place to visit if you enjoy eating lamb or pork :wink:

Image[/img]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michdung/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:32 pm 

You know what Mitchduncg? Ducks are so funny, a little water, a handful of popcorn, and it is a party...look at that face...he may not be paddling around in a big pond, but a small pond is just as good to waddle around in..I like this duck o' the day, seems to say paddle in your own pond, where ever you are...get quacky, even if you are touching the bottom!

I don't wanna know about the lamb and pork...with this economy, I have been working on my garden, and the tomatoes are just now coming on..planted a "salsa" garden...red onions, jalpeno, and cilantro, right next to the tomatoes..and I am all set! And my spaghetti garden is doin good, with basil, oregano and roma tomatoes.

Thanks for my perfect white quacker...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:24 pm 

Hi patti

Thanks for the kind comments. This lil' fella was in quite a big metal pond, but he had loads of room in the rest of his enclosure and some more duck friends around for company :lol: your garden sounds a treat.

And talkin' of a spaghetti garden, did you all know that the BBC (British Broadcasting Corp.) 'persuaded' the whole of the UK in about 1956 that Spaghetti actually grew on trees? It was an April Fools spoof documentary fronted by one of the leading high-brow presenters of the day, and everyone believed it! Just shows the power of persuasion when you give a man a clipboard and a microphone.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michdung/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:53 pm 
This is such a fun and crazy thread. I wonder if it will make the "record" for the most replies to the one post.

I have to confess ducks are cute, there is no getting away from it.

It is a smiley post. Keep it going guys.

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:25 am 

I don't know about records, O. I just know that all of us have some "fowl" moments, that are fun to share, and I always like to be near the water, with my camera...as do most of us , with the brilliant light and reflection, the quackage...motion in the water. It always makes me laugh because ducks are way cute, round, soft, and they look like they are smiling..geese always look sorta serious/serene/not to be messed with.. and Swans are so elegant, and breathtaking..I thought it would just be a blast, because all of us encounter quackage, and
have something tucked away..this IS the perfect way to present quackage, and molting notwithstanding, most times the ducks MAKE my day...I just love to see all the greatshots, as we take our cameras out...and there it is, downy perfection, and hurry up...back to the "Labs" to post it..

Because you know, I will be waiting here for you..

patti

Last edited by patti on Tue May 13, 2008 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:55 pm 
Patti, I enjoy posting these and especially enjoy taking the photos! To be honest, I do camp out the ducks a little more because of this thread. It makes it fun! It's also a learning experience for me - I'd say from the first photos I posted here, I've been showing some improvement as I learn my camera and focus on the same type of subject!

About the duck family - I had to quietly observe those little guys - these ducks are different than the others I posted. This one was at a wildlife refuge (the other was from a local park) - I went on a busy day so all of the kids were scaring away the wildlife (they were playing some wildlife bingo game - if they wanted to see a mallard, there was a male in the open on the trail). I quietly looked at the family without pointing them out to anyone else (shhhhhhhhh) Selfish, yes, but I had too many photos ruined during that trip because people were too loud or shaking the bridges!!!

I'm going to post another non-duck, because 1) I don't have more family photos resized and 2) this is a cool multi-shot of a goose flappin away

You can click on the thumbnail to see the larger image (the large is 1000px wide, so I dont want to post it directly)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:56 pm 
thought i would add this to the thread, it looked like two confused ducks ,
i wondered what one was saying to the other , somthing like some luaral and Hardy movie,[[ thats another fine mess you got us into, now which way,]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:25 pm 

omg...that is a great shot. Two ducks snoozin on the boat..they almost look like decoys, and that boat has wadda in it, too...look at the reflection off the water of the pole...this is curious photo...lol...and I love it..

and Serenity, I can tell that you are working at this photography thing, and making improvements and adjustments, camera settings are just what they are, but your eye, is uniquely your own, and you are developing a style, and refining as you go along..to me that is what camera labs is all about..raising the bar for ourselves....it is not an easy thing to do, but I can see that your composition is really coming on, and the sharpness that you like is there, too... :lol: :lol: :lol:
yay yay yay! da duck o' the day!!!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:33 pm 
Here it is my shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:30 pm 

oh, man. Now THAT is some goose...all business...and an honor to da duck o'the day...because I see it is one of your firsts post..
wonderfully composed, and perfectly lit..

so, this is a port-a-geeeeeeeese-goose! I am loving it...the detail and sharpness of feathers, but my favorite part is how you captured the light in his eye...and that his orange eye lids show off so well...and the backgroud so nicely difused by your ap. settings, really sets him apart...
thank you so much, Mast, this is a gorgeous shot.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:47 am 
My first duck(s) of the day! I found them floating in a river by my house.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 161  Next