Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 161  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:23 am 

I will try, but I don't promise that they will be there. Seeing as how I live in the middle of a city I don't really see very many with good colors or anything. If I get a good one however I will absolutely post it here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:35 am 

More of the family... I went a bit overboard on the post work though - the ducks are very saturated =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:12 am 

Good shot. I would have liked to see at least one of the little ones looking at the camera! This would have given a specific one to look at. That is something that I personally like though. I don't know maybe it's just me.

Well anyways I might be going to the park tomorrow. So I might be on the thread officially with a quaker!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:02 am 

whoooohoooooo waddles!! Good one Serenity, but I have to admit I am quite taken with those dragon flies you have managed to capture, too...
I love the dragon fly thread!!
MBrutus...no teasing. go out and get some flapage. Little waddles big waddles upside down waddles, gooseage, heron, egret wadda birds...all good on da duck.

quacks to you.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:04 pm 
Yeah but... dragon flies are cool... ducks are CUTE!!! That's why this thread rocks =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:47 pm 

I am about to go tho the park so when I get back ill do dome editing and then post them!

I can't wait!!! patti this is for you!!! Haha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:17 pm 

I am SOOO mad!!!!!!!!!!! there were two duck at the park today!?!?!?! They ran away before I could get any close? But I have a few photos that I REALLY like!!! Here you go!

Here are the two I said were there! Its not a very good picture but it's better then nothing!

If you want to see more photos I took today I am going to post a couple on the dragonfly thread. I might put more up tom. because I think I am going to the zoo!!!! Yaay!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:57 am 

I went to the zoo today!!! This is what I got for ducks!!! I have a few different animals that I am going to put under my thread from yesterday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:35 pm 

Waddles...and tons of em....whooohoooooooooooooooo!

MBrutus, it is hard for me to have a favorite!! I think I will have to choose the little Quackage that is quack #3...the light colored duck...but I have to say the eagle/falcon in flight, bringing brunch, is pretty special too! You must have had a great day, because you sure got some great photos...I can not wait to see more...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:51 pm 

Thanks patti!!!!!

I'm not sure how long it will take for me to take more of ducks because like I said there isn't very many of them where I live. =(

I will see what I can do for other types of creatures like dragonflies or something! Then I'll post them in the necisary thread.

The hawk was AWESOME!!!! He flew right over us!!! It was a sight to see for sure!!!

Well until next time!!!

P.S. KEEP POSTING MORE DUCKS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:33 pm 

... only have the 35mm, so this is the best i can do with wildlife :wink:

(edit: re-posted photo)

Last edited by thomasrichards on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:45 pm 

"only have the 35mm"
Pah, that teaches you something about perspective and "zooming with your feet".
Beautiful composition!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:48 pm 

Thomas wrote:
Pah, that teaches you something about perspective and "zooming with your feet".

... you can say that again :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:32 pm 

Haha!!! I like it!!! I have a tree just like that at the park I went to to capture the hawk! I like the way they just sat there for you to take it!!! When I went I couldn't get close to the two that were there! Maybe about 100 feet and they were off!!!

Good capture keep it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:56 pm 

MBrutus2009 wrote:
Haha!!! I like it!!! I have a tree just like that at the park I went to to capture the hawk! I like the way they just sat there for you to take it!!! When I went I couldn't get close to the two that were there! Maybe about 100 feet and they were off!!!

Good capture keep it up!

... thanks, the trick i use to get so close is to sneak up behind an obstacle (usually a tree or bush), and then just peek out slightly from the side... only problem with this is when the shutter goes off, so do the birds... so i usually only get one try, but that's what you gotta do when your lens has no reach.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 161  Next