Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 161  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:13 pm 
Mommy duck looking out before she lets her babies swim...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:41 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:42 am 

Keeping warm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:53 pm 

whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!

Serenity, that IS Ichabod Crane, if I ever saw him!! He is Gorgeous, and I am with Thomas...no flip flops when he is about...and the babies, don't they look so serene? I like the pensive mama, too...she is a beauty...

naniani, wow! That is an unusual quack...fabu colors, I love that russet look..and the dark feathers across his back, such a nice contrast...great capture...is this by your home?

Palakaboy..looks like those honkers have your number..or at least your handout in mind...I wonder how come some goosage have those honking things on their bills...you kept all your fingers, right? AND, what a fun angle to take a shot..pretty cool, my friend. Good to see you, as always, 'specialy on Da Duck. Thank you for thinking of it!!

Westcoast, that is so darn cute...little "peeking ducks"...sleepy eyes, and fluffed to perfection...how did you manage this one, it is so sweet..a summertime sleep-over...they DO have smiley eyes...wall to wall quack!!

This is thread, contains some of the best summer quackage photos, ever...I just love em...the only thing I have managed lately is a decent Cactus flower, am gonna go try and post it in the Macro..the only Lab worthy shot I have, am still working on the Trees for On Assignment..we still have a couple of weeks...these little charming waddles, however, sure made my day...thank you!!!

love,
patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:45 am 
Hey Patti!!

I saw some ducks today at the lake and i thought to myself.. hmm i dont usually take nature but this ones for patti.. so i went and grabbed my D80 (with my new and amazing MB-D80) and i went and threw a few cheese-it's to get them close and snapped away!!!

So here they are just for your Patti.

So there you go.. hope to hear your feedback.. some of them have been cropped btw and also played with levels on a couple and saturation ect.

EDIT

There you go patti i hope there showing up now!![/img]

Last edited by emp93 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:47 pm 
More of the family..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:11 am 

empy...your quackage only has blank white on the part where your photo should go...maybe my computer is not doing so good...it just says the photo is not available...I wanna see em...go get em..

Serenity...look how cool that water looks...sheesh, you are really doing it...how did you do the water so pretty? And that mamaduck, she is something...look at how proud she is, teenager babies...they are so neat, you know they are cute, when they are teensy, but I like this age, too...

LOVE whatever it is you did with the water, it almost looks like fairytale wadda

yay yay yay..more duck today!!!~!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:17 pm 
It was just a great reflection from the sky at the angle I was facing them (no trees reflecting) Glad you like it! I have more from that day that came out pretty good. I just have to resize em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:07 pm 

oh, GOOD, now I can see them!!! Empy, I like the first one, the black and white for some reason...the stillness? Very nice....and number 6, the laughing waddle...oh, well captured, my friend...the green grass is always such a nice contrast...to my eye, anyways...with just a peek at the waterline at the top keeps it all in perspective, adds interest nice little trickle of sunlight, and shadows, so, for me, I love the B&W and number 6, thanks for finding them...I love em, you know....

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:33 pm 
Yesterday about a dozen ducks came swimming past slowly while grazing what looked like little seeds from the water surface. I guess from one of the trees there. There was a pretty stiff breeze so they were probably shaken loose in vast numbers. While I got my camera ready they became aware of me and were distracted. Then they scattered a bit so I had to make do with only three in the shot.

1/200 - f/4.5 - ISO 200 - EV-0.67

Here's two of them together. They seem to have patches of green feathers appearing on their heads. I guess they are young male mallards that do not yet have their adult plumage. Maybe they are two brothers from the same nest.

1/220 - f/4.5 - ISO 200 - EV-0.67

It struck me though how the one on the right has a larger head than the one on the left. A sort of 'higher forehead'. The smaller head seems the more classic head shape for a duck. Are we seeing evolution at work here? Is this the first of a new subspecies of large brained duck? 'Anas platyrhynchos sapiens'?

Hmmm... I wonder what he's thinking....

I feel..... observed. :shock:

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:55 pm 
Pattiiiiiiiiiiii !!!

OK I'm officially confused. :? What's the deal here?

I read here somewhere how apparently ducks are crazy about popcorn. To see whether this would generate some nice photos I poured some corn in the popcorn maker while I made the dog's meal this evening and took the freshly popped corn with me when we went for a walk after the woofster had finished his dindins. Most ducks were snoozing on a nearby jetty but as soon as I started handling the plastic shopping bag I carried it in they hurried towards me. If I had known that in advance I would have made sure to have my camera ready. So with anticipation I threw in the still warm popcorn and..... they didn't eat it! :shock:

Now are these local ducks simply spoilt rotten or what? I didn't put any salt, sugar or butter on the popcorn to begin with but I kind of expected they wouldn't be this fussy. OK I prefer it with salt and butter too but I am only human. I am supposed to be fussy. But if I'm hungry I certainly wouldn't refuse to eat plain popcorn. Heck... I'm eating the stuff as I write this. Well someone has to. ;)

So what's the secret? What ingredient should I add to make them go wild?

Now I basically only got this photo of a one legged duck snooze fest that I shot one minute before 'the great popcorn debacle of 2008'. :D They are a different bunch of ducks.

1/120 - f/4.5 - ISO 200 - EV-0.33

And In the absence of any 'wild ducks' I'll throw this one in for good measure. I shot it returning from the walk (with a bag of popcorn) :(. It's the neighbour's cat sitting in one of his favourite spots on the cover of a small boat on a trailer on my driveway. He kept an eye on the dog but he knows he's safe up there.

1/58 - f/3.5 - ISO 200 - 60mm - EV-0.33

Shot in (super)macro mode. If you look closely even at this reduced size you can see the reflection of the camera and my hands in his eyes. Oh and the reddish cheek and eyebrow is because of the reflected light. It's a red boat.

Now I'm going to add a little flavour to this popcorn..... And I think the dog wants to go for his late night walk....

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:03 am 

Wow good shot cam-i-am! I wish sometimes I wish I didn't live in the city so I could see some of the beauty that is in nature!

I really like the second one in the post above the cat and sleeping ducks!
I REALLY REALLY like the cat one! It seems to make the eyes a bit "weird" I don't know, maybe it is just me!

As soon as I go to the park maybe I will find some and post them. Until then keep this thread going!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:10 pm 

I am off to work..wondering when I get home will we have a quack attack party? wonder who will be hit number 10,000...if it is you, I hope you sign in with a wooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo!

will check back tonight..off to work, it is about 10 o'clock Pacific Time...
wonder who it will be oh waddle waddle...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:37 pm 

Congratulation Patti: Your thread just passed the 10,000 views mark!
Eggsellent idea you had and made this thread lively with your comments.
And to all you quack-posters: Keep'm'coming :!: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:50 am 

A waddles work is never done...Camy I dunno what your quackage is so finicky about. Sheesh...was this gourmet popcorn? I always take a loaf of half-dead bread..you know, the kind that might have just a leeeetle mold on it, but if you toast is, it should be fine...that kinda bread works for me.
The one legged waddle-snoozers are particularly unique...and that purrrrfect kitty..gotta love him and the cool reflections...you know, I like the juvenile mallards, too...like all the little spots on the water, interesting shot...that first one, with the three sitting ducks...the uniform quality of the floating specs, reflecting light makes it hard to tell the foreground from the background. It reminds me of when you have to drive in the snow storms, at night...l, mesmerizing am liking it just fine.

MBrutus...while you are sneaking around the pond, in your quest for dragon flies, see if you can catch a stray waddle, here or there. Quackage is good for the soul. Who would have thought the lowly little waddles, would be so much fun, and found on every continent...fun little project, and I have so loved it, too.

patti

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 161  Next