Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 161  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:26 pm 

Batman, are you kiddin"? These are great...this little series of waddles is PERFECT for first photos...just right...my favorite of the three is the last one...that pensive #3, looking into the water, is special..ou can even see his feet...cool..the best thing about this thread, is that you can just tote your camera, and when you see waddles, which includes swans, and honkers, too...try your best, and post them here! Sometimes it is a struggle because of the reflection of the water, but most times, it turns out ok..and just look how well yours turned out...
what an honor to have first photos of da duck 'o the day.
Big Pix, Bob, Alex, and photoj usually come up with some pretty concise critisims/critiques, so I will look to their expertise,

For me, these photos are something to quack about.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:49 pm 
patti wrote:
Batman, are you kiddin"? These are great...

thanks for the kind words. i never had a "real" camera or tried taking artsy pics (just pics of friends and stuff usually), and looking at all the gorgeous pics here i just feel a bit overwhelmed.

i guess everyones their own worst critic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:00 am 

We all start somewhere, on this jouney of photography...and there is a place saved here, just for you. Keep going, keep taking shots...you know, every single one of us, will tell you, that the equipment is secondary to the eye and heart...some of the best photos I have seen, have been taken with a point and shoots...some of my personal "bests" were surprises...the inspiration comes from within, and is fostered by your friends, here..
Get inspired...go look at some of Calmac's photos...he does wonders with landscape...search around this site, and look at Houtmeyers Peter..he did some intense insect photos...it is all in developing your style...check out Alex's light experiments...

You'll see how much fun this can be!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:02 pm 
Ok, so I finally got that wood duck, but not where I expected to. I was so excited when I saw them (the female is in the upper right, but all the shots I got of her were blurry - I'll try to salvage some of them though...)

This is one of the most beautiful ducks, imo.

Taken at the Flamingo Wildlife Habitat in Las Vegas.

A bit blurry, but I will soon be getting a new telephoto lens as I am NOT HAPPY with my Sigma 70-300mm (I cant get a clear shot with it!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:21 am 

crane style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:55 am 

whoooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo! Now that is a crane...he is so tall....those legs...great capture, Batman...and he just fits right in, if he ducks his head...lol...

YIPEEEEE serenity, you got one! That is a great shot, love those colors...so gorgeous..he is one of the most beautiful of quacks. Regal looking just standing there, in his perfect pose...love it..love it..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:16 pm 
Hooded Merganser Female:

Not many males were around, unfortunately. So most of the rest of the quackage that I have are of the female type. Still a beauty, but would have been great to see the male!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:57 pm 
I took this one less than an hour ago while walking with the woofster.

I'm not up to speed on duck-etiquette... but I wonder whether it is considered proper behaviour for a lady duck to allow strange bystanders to have a peek under her wings.

Saucy little minx!

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:49 am 

only if they appreciate fowl intent...she was just making sure all her floaties were in the right spot, and stiking a pose...and you caught it just at the right moment...good one, Cam...now did the Woofster like the walk?

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:23 pm 
I'm pretty certain that this is a female Mandarin (or another wood duck???) Again, it would have been nice to see a male because these ducks are gorgeous. Help me patti! I am having trouble identifying her from such close photos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:23 am 

bump =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:38 am 

I dunno WHAT she is...Bob and Roy are the google-meisters, they find everything...

She is quite the alluring little quack, tho, isn't she? Look how good you are doing, these are great shots, and I love them..and look at THAT new one you posted...oh, man, it is looking great!! Is this from your vacation?

Way to go...I love fowl intent...just love it.

love,
patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:31 pm 
Hehe thanks. Yes, these are all from my vacation. I wish more came out good though. I have so many blurred shots. I'm investing in an IS lens though in hopes to make less blurry photos!

Lets do another... this "should" be a Northern Cinnamon Teal

I at least have a list of birds that were in this wildlife habitat, so I can narrow it down!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:54 pm 

what a beauty! I have never seen that red color, in person...I betcha it was stunning in person..this is about as close to "reality" colors, as you can get, Serenity...this little duck is gorgeous..

I am submitting a plain jane duck...not quite grown up, not a duckling..still travels with her brothers and sisters, but venturing out farther and farther...checking out the lily pads, in all her teenage glory..inbetween downy softness, and REAL feathers....her she is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:37 am 
A couple for you Patti as I haven't been around for a while I thought I better add a couple of our feathered friends :)

These geese were following us everywhere lol, they were like our bodyguards ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 161  Next