Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 161  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:49 pm 
good pixs bob....... but I have no quack-age......... sooooo this choir will have to do ATM...... well they have feathers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:57 pm 
DUCK!!!

Sorry. Couldn't resist that one. :)

Last evening I went for a walk with the dog and shot these photos of a mommy duck with her two fuzzywuzzies.

She was keeping a watchful eye on... well... me mostly
while the kids were stuffing themselves on anything they could get their bills on.

Aaaww.... They grow up so fast.

The water is very shallow there so there are plenty of yummies to be found under water.
I could see their heads very well under water but without a pola filter the camera doesn't really catch it.
Whoever at Fuji decided to put 38.1 mm lens thread on this camera and then not to supply anything that fits onto that should be fired. :(

Shake, shake, shake Senora...

There were horses too...

That photo forms a perfect 'bridge' to a few other photos I took and allows me to sneak in a few unfeathered beasties.
Since I read that Patti also likes horsy piccies I think I'll be able get away with it.

Tolstoy (that's his name) says Hi.

I was on my way back home. He and his pals had munched their way through a bag of carrot chunks
I had brought with me earlier that evening.
He came to see whether he could score some more of the good stuff.

Nothing hidden in the camera either.

Bummer.

The sun was close to setting as you can tell from the loooong shadow of the horse.
Time to go home.

All photos are without PP apart from being resized for the forum.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:02 pm 

I thought da duck o' the day had flown the coop...had no idea it would rally with such egggggsellent shots....am so glad the waddle is going forward again!!
Bob! Is this pooch yours? How much fun is this little series of two shots?
Goes to show..."Stand in your puddle and defend" no matter what your size, if you believe you can, you really CAN!..
BP..I have got to say, that they have big beaks, webbed feet, and that works well....love the "church choir"...and the lowly sea rat watching them from the "wings"..
Smiles. I see you live in California...perhaps this summer we can get together and go on a little "shoot-out"...I saw ducks at Disneyland, too, and they were into cotton candy...and lots of hot dogs and popcorn...Love these, even the molty ones.
CAM! Snorkel quackage...way to go, and HORSES, too? What a neat thing to think of, thank you for remembering what I love! There are even cows in the background! You will have this horse coming to the fence, every time he sees you! Great captures, thank you.

Da duck o' the day, or as Bob and Gordon called it, daDOD, Waddles on!!!

yipeeee!

off to work, and am so giggley, people always ask what I am so happy about...hard to let them in on the fact that just a few feathers, from all corners of the earth, a little water, and friends, can carry you through the toughest of days.. these made my day, and will take me through the the rest of the day, quackage=good.!

love,
p.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:54 pm 

patti wrote:
...Bob! Is this pooch yours? How much fun is this little series of two shots?
Goes to show..."Stand in your puddle and defend" no matter what your size, if you believe you can, you really CAN!...

No, not mine. I was out walking my two Hamiltonstövare a few miles away and passed through another village where I was "Good Morninged" and Tilly's owner asked if I was the chap who had taken his dogs to Crufts earlier in the year. I admitted I was (though mine only qualify to win hearts at the "Discover Dogs" section) and it turned out that Tilly was in one of the teams doing agility there (she only got a five point penalty). As we were chatting I was a bit surprised to see a duckling waddle up and settle down next to "Mum", aka Tilly's owner and that led to the start of the mini photo-shoot, in the middle of the road I might add! Just one of those days when you'd kick yourself if you left the camera at home. 8)

As for standing your ground, it just goes to show there's no duckling like a determined duckling. :wink: :lol:

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:43 pm 

First Hike...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3120/255 ... dc96_o.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:58 pm 

hi patti thought you might like to see this duck, it was taken with my old compact camera. Great thread enjoyed seeing the pictures, regards naniani.
Look forward to adding more in the future with my brand new dslr :D

sigma 18-200 os lens

All my photos are clickable
my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828538@N03/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:23 am 

yay, yay!! da duck o' the day!...what a cute smile, on that waddler...and now you have a NEW camera? whoohoooo...am so excited, you are going to have a blast posting here, on the labs!! Working out all the questions...and west coast...always suppling quackage...makes me pretty happy...keeping this fun thing going...it has been so hot here, it was 113 today...of course the air conditioner is broken at work, and I just straggled home...so nice to find a duck, some water, and good friends...even if we are all miles apart...universal fowl intent, makes my day.
eggggselent quackage, much appreciated, and I will watch, naniani, along with the rest of the gang, and hope that you post photos all of the time.
thanks for remembering da duck thread...makes me happy that cameras in hand, quackage is recorded...yipeeeee.
Quacks to you, da duck o' the day goes forward...I just love it.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:44 am 

it is too hot to sleep, so I was checking on some emails, and had a friend direct me to this most wonderful Duck o' the Day. Really swan of the day...stay with it, the frogs are great, but check out the prima ballerina, and her unsung "holder" person...unbelieveable...when I saw this, I thought ....I bet Bob, Roy, and Gordon would love this..and I hope the rest of you do, too.
Adding a little culture quack, today...hoping you are fine, and taking your cameras out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOqxSaW05p4

wonderful what we can do, eh?

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:36 am 

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D "All your Quackage are belong to Patti" :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
---
Very nice find, patti: A "must see"!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:22 am 

Hi patti,

So we now have the "Cirque du Ballet". :lol:

Your clip immediately reminded me of the Banquine act from Quidam. Here is a very flaky video but if you like it get the DVD or, even better, see the show. It's dead cheap - perhaps I should have said "cheep" as this is a quackage thread.

Did I ever mention I'm a Cirque du Soleil fan? :P I already have tickets to see Quidam at the Royal Albert Hall next year and can hardly wait. As you would say, "WhoooHooo".

Back to quackage...

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:56 am 

Bob, Bob.. that was quack of the day, not cirque d soleil..

I watched that video you posted, incredible...stunning to see..

I am a huge Cirque fan, too...love the abstact things, and admire anyone who can wear that stuff, and look so good.
You have tickets already for next year!! Lucky pup..if you ever get the chance, go see "Cavalia"... sorta ballet with horses, set to music...horses at liberty...a beauty of a show..

quackage tomorry...going to go stroll around the pond..hopeful that more babies have hatched...and that I have mastered my manual settings...
farmers mkt. first, for some fresh veggies, then quackage, then a drive to the beach in Ventura..because Thomas reminded me, this is the time for the beautiful Jacaurandas...I hope I am not too late...
will report back...want to capture a good one for Gregory's photo of the day...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:08 pm 
....... The Landing

shot these a long time ago Nikon 80-200 2.8 ...... one could say that the FPS on the D70s was a bit slow

750th@6.7 ISO 250 D70s

250th@6.7 ISO 250 D70s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:27 pm 

yeah but, look at the makeup on that duck...just like like, well, like KISS!!! Whooohoooo..
quacket-ly perfect, if ya ask me...Thanks BP...I knew you had a stray waddler in there somewhere...and, ooohhhhh....this fits the BILL!!! Get it? The Bill? lol snort lol...

the heat is getting to me...more quackage, please...lol..

love,
p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:43 pm 
I have some quackage in my camera just waiting to be posted. Just got back from a vacation - that's why I've been "dark"

I'm hoping to get them prepared tonight, but I've been trying to catch up!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:12 pm 
ok, this is my first photo post, so please be gentle, but also give me some advice. i don't really know what i am doing wrong, but, i dunno, these just don't look remotely good as any of the other pics here. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 161  Next