Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Humboldt Penguins
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:03 am 
Hey everybody!

This topic happens to be my first one here :) Very nice forum and all the reviews are amazing!

So here are some humboldt penguin shots I took with the D40 and 55-200mm VR:

Thanks for viewing!

Have a nice Day
Daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:12 am 

Hi, Danny...what a great thing, posting a photo on your first trip into Camera Labs. I am impressed! Let me go see which Penquin I like best..hold on...I like the third shot, with Huey Duey and Louie...that little green armband...looks like he won't be allowed to go on the ride, he is too short...lol..Cute little guys..I have never seen them close up as that before. Usually, everyone takes pictures of the Emperor penguins, but these little guys are cute, too

Eggggggselent work.

Welcome to this place...

And nice to meet ya.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:16 am 
Thanks a lot for your cute reply! The third one is my favourite aswell. I love how close, and especially the way, they are standing to each other :D

Nice to meet you too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:54 am 
Hey Danny,

welcome to the forums!!

Very nice penguin pics there - my favorite is the second one because of the obvious excitement of that fella :-) But they are all good! Never get tired of seeing animal pics.

Also good to see a fellow D40 and 55-200mm VR user - I got the same outift and I'm very pleased with it too. How do you find this camera and lens?

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:59 am 
Thanks for the comment!

I am very happy with the 55-200mm VR. It has a pretty fast autofocus and the 200mm are amazingly close! Though I would wish the zoom would me smoother.

But for that price, it's an ultimate lens :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:33 am 
They all have "live strong" bracelets how qute isnt that 8)

nice shots man, for some reason i think pinguins are really cool, and they just look so intresting! the 55-200m shows what it can really do here