Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:26 pm 
Some serious light EQ tweaking here, I'm sorry if that 'defeats the purpose' -- after all, it wasn't the best day/time for shooting (again) :?

Enjoy...

Aperture Priority, 55 mm, f/5.6, 1/320 sec, ISO 400, -2/3 EV

Aperture Priority, 55 mm, f/5.6, 1/250 sec, ISO 400, -2/3 EV

Aperture Priority, 55 mm, f/5.6, 1/250 sec, ISO 400, -2/3 EV

Aperture Priority, 55 mm, f/5.6, 1/500 sec, ISO 400, -2/3 EV

Aperture Priority, 55 mm, f/5.6, 1/400 sec, ISO 400, -2/3 EV

Here's something else, though I couldn't justify opening up another thread just for this. I could really use a much longer -- albeit much non-existent :) -- telephoto for this one, instead of resorting to heavy cropping.

Aperture Priority, 55 mm, f/5.6, 1/500 sec, ISO 400, -2/3 EV, Flash fired (Auto)

More can be viewed here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:58 pm 
Whats software do u use to give this litte colours tweak i really like it! i m currently looking for a way so i can take most of images and creaing my own style of photographing and i want something around these lines along with a bit more of a grungy look...its going to be intresting to create

i really like these shots, but may i ask you why ur only shooting at 55mm, is that because these litte fellas run away?

thanks for sharing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:36 pm 
Well, the bird is kinda self-explanatory -- it's far away. As for the others, the additional zoom results in a much shallower DoF, thereby accentuating the blur effect. And yeah, the fellas are kinda scared -- cats are a bit more camera-friendly though, as many amateurs here shoot them like crazy, to the point that some are even OK with a flash shot or two! :lol:

I use ACDSee Pro 2 and Paint Shop Pro 8 for editing. I mainly use the Light EQ feature under the 'Highlights and Shadows' tool, set the number of tone sliders to 7, and move from there -- lots of trial and error, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:40 pm 
U gotta try shooting at f5.6 at 18mm the results r quite intresting!

intresting i will take alook into it. I wonder why i never though of that reason for shooting at 55mm (stupid me hehe). As i shoot alot of landscape i bump the lens down to 18mm and blow the f to 22 or 32 :D i m just not that smart sometimes!