Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: True Love Doves.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:14 am 
Just as I was returning from a morning of "pretend sight seeing" As I got out of my car I notice these doves on my fence, so I reached for my camera and snapped a few. Any comments are welcomed ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:13 am 
I really like that shot :D but a crop would work here really nice in my oppinion to get closer to the doves, maybe its just because i m seeing the image quite samll that i m saying this! But looks great otherwise

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:55 am 
Yeah...cropping the picture will make it better. Keep some of the wood in the picture though as it gives off nice colours which match the doves and the trees in the background. Nice shot though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:13 am 
Ohhhhh :D

REally nice. If you can afford to crop a bit, I'd agree with the others as well. And maybe straighten it a little (is it just me?)

It's definitly a great moment you caught! Lucky you had your camera :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:45 pm 
OK, I've cropped it and also played with the saturation a little.
Andy I'm not sure what you mean by straighten it a little
as it looks straight to me, (unless my fence isn't straight) I did take it
while standing at an angle to the fence, so maybe this is what you are picking up on. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:18 pm 
Keep the touch of wood...i think it would be better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:30 pm 

Nice picture! I think I would agree though, that a little more wood would be a nicer crop. I envy you for having such a nice backyard... My cat chases away all the birdies...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:56 pm 
Yeah ... you are right, it is straight :oops: sorry...
For some reason i thought the original was a little bit tilted on the left. Must have been tired when I saw it :lol:

Wow but with this crop the picture looks great :) Good job !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:51 pm 
That image isnt straigh :P

i took the liberty to straigtening it for you, playind a litte with the RGB curve on the "wooden" area that they are sitting on and gave the birds just a litte sharpening

tell me if you like what it came out to look (not really THAT big of a diff)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:54 am 
kno3 wrote:
Keep the touch of wood...i think it would be better.

I guess this is just going to be a matter of taste. some like it with more of the wood then others, oh well that's life :lol:

Quote:
That image isnt straigh

i took the liberty to straigtening it for you, playind a litte with the RGB curve on the "wooden" area that they are sitting on and gave the birds just a litte sharpening

tell me if you like what it came out to look (not really THAT big of a diff)
sorry, I still think it is straight , and you're right other then a little darkening of the fence and that it's a fraction smaller, I don't see any difference ,but hey thats ok. I'm open to all ideas. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:47 am 
All in all its a great shot i really like it :D no matter if its straight or not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:31 am 
I really like that shot with just the original no crop.. even though its zoomed out a bit you get the full affect of where they are and the colors.. thats just me though.. also what lens/ camera are you using here because those trees have some wierd bokeh on them.. there sorta similar to the 500mm mirror lens (i think there called) how they have donut shaped bokey (out of focus area) and i was just curious what lens your using to give it this type of bokeh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:20 am 
emp93 wrote:
I really like that shot with just the original no crop.. even though its zoomed out a bit you get the full affect of where they are and the colors.. thats just me though.. also what lens/ camera are you using here because those trees have some wierd bokeh on them.. there sorta similar to the 500mm mirror lens (i think there called) how they have donut shaped bokey (out of focus area) and i was just curious what lens your using to give it this type of bokeh.

Check out my signature, I used my Sony 75-300mm Lens
Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/500)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 300 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0/10 EV