Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: a couple of the dog
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:44 pm 
few of my first shots and frst posts to the site.

comments appreciated

1 Image

2 Image

3 Image

:) planB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:11 pm 
Seem like a nice dog.
Is that breed hot-tempered?

I like the first picture the best as a dog-portrait.
The second one is a little bit to "busy" in the background. I tend to get stuck on the yellow thing on the wall.
Third one is a nice closeup. Good focus on the eyebrow, and could use just a tad more focus on the eye and nose.

Good work... keep 'em coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:01 pm 
thanks khol.

no not at all,their tame as a....mouse?

yeh i wasnt sure about the 2nd also

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:16 pm 
Hey PlanB,

My warm welcome to the forum :) I'm glad to see you sharing some photos already.
They are very cute and I think you've captured them nicely.
#1 like Khol said, is a more formal portrait and i think this comes across mostly through your dog's posture as well as the simpler background.
#2 exhibits it's adorable little figure i find and your idea of shooting from a lower angle works well IMO. If the background could have been a bit less cluttered, this shot would have been even nicer :)
#3 is interesting too but i have to agree that a greater depth of field would have worked better.

Overall i like the shots :) and your dog seems to like posing as well.
Maybe also try a looser crop around the subject for the next shots.
Thanks for sharing !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:52 pm 
Im visiting this thread again to see if you've posted any new pics as i like this dog.

I agree with Thomas about pic 2. I think you should try to get that exact same pose but with another background. Would be really nice.

And... what i'd like to see that dog do, is a "sit nice" pose-picture taken just a fraction from the side. The pose i'm talking about is like the one in this picture: http://www.wearewag.org/Dog_sit.jpg
(Sorry i couldnt find a better picture, but i hope you get what pose i mean)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:05 pm 
I think the dog itself looks the best in #2, little cutie :D, nice pictures, why do we love our pets so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:57 am 

Because they love us back, csmonte.

That is one softie little pup....love the fluff, and this one has a little tiny attitude to boot...great close up on the last one, and I like the second one, as well, but agree that the background doesn't help much..still you can see the personality shine thru...and I like the first shot, by way of a "formal" introduction to your furry friend..

well done!!

enjoyed seeing them.

patti