Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:00 am 
I love my two little mini-wieners - Bruno & Brutus. Can you tell? lol

Here's a few portraits I recently did. In one moment they can seem soulfully wise and sage-like. They can look at you in a certain way and you wonder if they are a few hundred years older than you are.

The next instant they are goofy in ways that makes you crack up.

No matter how many pictures I take of them, I will never be able to cover the range of their expressions - but the expressions below are pretty "classic" for these two guys.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:05 am 
Just like supermodels they seem to love posing for you!

i'm not a big dog fan, because they need a lot of attention! but those fellas sure look very qute. You seem to be taking really good care of them, the black&brown one seems to have really nice hair almost perfect if you ask me, so shiney and whot not!

I enjoy that shot of the little fella taking a little jump, but may i make a little fashion suggestion for the little dog, how about giving a him a collar with a bit more attitude :D

thanks for sharing these joyfull images

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:26 am 
#7 looks like she (he?) is saying "Woof?. . . ) 8) :lol:

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:30 am 
oi they're just beautiful lah! lovely dogs... i like #4 and #5 the best..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:52 am 

like my nanarosannadanna used to say, if it is not one thing, it's another.

Bruno and Brutus are the best weiner dogs on the continent.

Way nice portaits, Lah. I enjoyed the "look of the ages" the Zen Master..or is he Obi Wan and that hippity skippity one, when the little black one is on the beach...I think you have captured many many moods here...the best thing about dogs, I think is that they love you when you don't even love yourself...Cats tolerate you...but Dogs. They got you covered, no matter what.

Do you have more shots of them..would love to see em..I would love to see the baby Brute' and Bruno, when they were wee.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:39 am 
Lovelly dogs Lah !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:19 pm 
shot number 3 thumbs up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:25 am 
Thanks for all the kind words everyone! I have relayed them to Bruno and Brutus - they said that if it doesn't come with some chicken or pepperoni, they really can't take you guys serious. I've made amends on your behalf, of course :-)

Here's a few oldies from May 2004 - taken with my Panasonic Lumix FZ-1 supah-zoom 1.2MP camera..lol. (wasn't a bad camera actually).

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:30 am 
Haha, sausage dogs can be a great laugh, I've had to look after one before and it was mad, it was a male and couldnt stop peeing from over excitment, it would lay a turd on the door step every morning (supposedly due to stress from its owners being on holiday). Not something I'd do again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:50 pm 
# 2 is absolutely ADORABLE !!! :D Love that shot!
the others look great too.

Do Bruno & Brutus interact a lot? Maybe you could try to get some shots of those special friendly interactions ! I think they could look great :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:51 am 
Lovely shots!
Especially number 3, with him floating so elegantly over the beach - is this from a scene from the new blockbuster movie "Dogs In Space" ??

later :)

Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:13 am 
LoL Gregory.Rotter, yeah them "sausage dogs" can be a willful lot. They are fiercely loyal and have a very strong attachment to "the pack" - things are not quite right in their world unless everyone is together.

Thanks bornlate..lol..wish that it was. Could use some of those mega Hollywood bucks for a D3!

Andy - that one is quite catch, due to his quizzical look..lol. Yes, they do interact a lot - they are nearly inseparable. One does something and the other has to be right there.

Bruno being 14 is a little less into the wiener UFC that Brutus really likes. Often Brutus will ambush Bruno just for the giggles.

Here's one of his favorite moves: the "Wiener Piledriver":
(I, kneeling behind him, felt like a U-boat commander firing a black wiener-torpedo at an ignorant merchant ship at high sea).

The look on Bruno's face is the one he has when he knows it's inevitable that he's gonna take a few rolls with the kid. He still tries to pretend it's not gonna happen, in the hope that Brutus will veer off in the last second....but Brutus knows all the old man's tricks...he he.

(I unfortunately missed the impact, but you can imagine..lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:26 am 

damn the torpedos!!!

patti