Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: some more big birds
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:45 pm 
All these shots were pretty much the same specs as the first lot.

Check out this guys feet :D

These birds have such attitude. I don't think anyone will argue with them

This lovely peacock just loved having his shots taken, little poser.

Last but by no means least. The top of the chain I would say

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:13 pm 
Hi Ormina,

I really love the white owl. It looks very big in size. I think my favorite is #2. Nonetheless all shots are beautiful in my opinion :)

You are right about those feet. Actually, they look more like paws to me. :D Quite interesting ... I would love to see these birds flying with spread wings (I think their span is immense) : )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:22 am 
these are beautifull..
love the lil peacock he lookcolorful
thanx for the post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:18 pm 
Thanks Andy, Ferrari fx,

These are indeed beautiful birds. I was fortunate enough two years ago to be able to fly an eagle owl. It was a birthday gift from my hubbie. I spent two hours with the falconer. We went through the forrest with a hawk and he kept flying down to the "glove" for his feed. Later on in the day I went to the arena and flew the eagle owl and also the snowy owl. What a day.

Maybe I shall drop a hint for my birthday again this year 8) 8)

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:50 pm 

I love the pictures Ormina, How do you get them that big and sharp? it's really something!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:00 pm 
Thanks Paulk.

The pictures were down to luck and love of the subject. I needed a very steady hand ( the fence helped ) In saying that there are many pics I had to bin, I just kept clicking :D :D

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:19 pm 
hehehe..those are great pics ormina!

I especially like the owl-shots. It might be my imagination, but it looks like it's grinning!

Good colors and composition too :-)

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:27 pm 
Ormina. Which of your lenses did you use when you took these pictures?
And what focal length did you use?

I love the snow owl, that feet looks so cool with the fur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:45 am 

whooooohooooooooo Ormina...Spectacular shots...love the owl and the peacock...gorgeous...and the hawk is really something, too...thank you so much for posting these...
You make this sucha fun place to be...

hope you will take some more this weekend..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:25 am 
nice shots....... some lower angles would also help, but keep an eye on the background as it can get busy.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:48 pm 
Whoosh, had not realized there were some more comments here. My husband has the main computer in the study and if a an email arrives and he opens them first they go straight to his computer. I use a laptop in the living room.............sometimes he forgets to tell me about the emails.

Lahlahsr, you were right about the owl smiling. Just below the shot there was a nice little collection of dead chicks. Mr owl was kind enough to pose for me for a few minutes before going back to his dinner.

Patti thank you :D

Khol, I will get back to you with the information. I am not the greatest with technical details.

Big Pix, thanks for the comments. I am like a petulant child when I am out taking pictures. When I see something I really like I go into tourist mode and start snapping away without correcting my settings and often forgetting to concentrate what is in the background. My son in law calls me a Japanese Tourist because I take so many shots. That is one of the reasons I am doing a foundation in photography course. I need to learn what the camera can do for me and how to use all the settings proplerly. I have spoiled and missed many lovely shots due to my lack of concentration :oops: :oops: :oops:

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:43 pm 
LOL ormina,

well who wouldn't have a big fat grin on her/his face if someone had tossed them a pile of dead mice to munch on?! Who needs popcorn at the movies when you can have that?

Great idea about the photography course - I should take one myself actually. I just hope that it will not make you any less spontaneous with your shooting - I'm firmly of the belief that great photography is more like the culinary arts than anything else.

When you've experimented, experimented and experimented some more - without any hesitation - it will come together. It will come gradually. But you already have what I believe is the most important prerequisite: inspiration, visual creativity and passion for good photos.

I'm hoping that I we can all be here for years and years to enjoy each others' progress as photographers and I look forward to see what you might take away from such a course. (and maybe get my lazy derriere into one myself..lol),

Cheers :-)