Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:18 pm 
Hi guys,

I took some photos of their dog for somebody this week, I got a great set Im really pleased with, Im just stuck as to whether or not I like this one. The idea is that I would focus in on the teeth and tongue to draw attention to that, rather than in on the eyes as you normally would, as per the second shot.

So yeah, I was just wondering what your feelings for the first photo were?

Cheers!
Jeremy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:34 pm 
I like the bokeh :)

#1 I don't know if its just me because it seems like even the nose is a bit in focus.

#2 it seems like the right side of the dogs face (especially the eye) is more in focus than the tongue/teeth

my comments are just my opinions on the photos and what I can see within it.

Question: why tongue and teeth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:38 pm 
Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah the nose is in focus a little more than I would have liked. I planned for the teeth and tongue to be really sharp, and I think I missed a little where exactly I would have liked to have focussed on.

The second is meant to have the eye in focus, thats what Im going for on that one. I only posted this one to show the difference.

Why tongue and teeth? I dont know, just to see how it would come out, and to be a little bit different. Its easy to take a photo to draw attention to the eye (like the second one) but I was really trying to draw the viewer into the mouth in the first one.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:03 am 

I like the first one. If the dog was looking into the camera, then it would make more sense to have eyes in focus in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:42 am 

#1 it looks like you were trying to get a shot separating its nose. I can't see any teeth in focus, but if i were the dog's owner I'd be happy with this one.

#2 doesn't work for me. It looks a little odd with the dog's nose oof - even if that was your intention.

#1 looks like an intended shot whereas #2 looks like a missed shot (from the perspective of the target audience -the owner)

Panasonic G3: 9-18mm, 14mm, 20mm, 45mm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:02 pm 
Thanks for your feedback everyone