Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hairy Tabby
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:40 am 

Taken with my 55-250 IS at 250mm as this is a very aggresive cat, don't want to get too close, LOL

PC>Q6700/MSI P45 Zilent/6GB 800mhz DDR2/2x 4870 1GB/Samsung Spinpoint F1 500GB/Maxtor 200GB+80GB

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:13 pm 
She certainly has a mean look. :lol: :lol: Nice shot. You took it at 250mm. Is this just to blur the background on purpose or was it a precaution, considering the mean look on the cat's face :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:58 pm 

Thanks. A bit of both really, LOL. Any closer and this cat either starts hissing or he bolts...No idea why, I generally get on well with all the cats in my area, but this one is downright anti-social to both humans and other cats.

The other reason for shooting at 250mm handheld was to demonstrate the IS to a friend who's thinking of buying this lens. At 1/60th I think it does a good job, especially for a budget lens.

PC>Q6700/MSI P45 Zilent/6GB 800mhz DDR2/2x 4870 1GB/Samsung Spinpoint F1 500GB/Maxtor 200GB+80GB

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:52 pm 
Oops. Sorry. So it's "Mr. Mean Face".
Not only did you demonstrate well on the IS but also did a great job on the portrait of "Mr Mean Face" :lol: :lol: He reminds me of a similar character i used to have as a pet about 10 yrs ago.
I was the only one who could hand held him. Other then me....... you better get yourself a life insurance before even think about getting close to him. I found him on the streets..... couple of days old... barely able to walk...very weak....it was winter ..i looked out for his mother for about an hour...but no sign of her. So i brought him home... fed him well and within a few weeks he started to get into shape. Jet black in color. I did all i could to make him sleep elsewhere but he always slept with me on my bed.... :lol: :lol:
To keep the record straight, that's before the Mrs. came into my life. Otherwise, God knows... there would have been a deadly "cat fight" :lol:
Unfortunately that fellow disappeared without leaving a note.. He stayed with me for 2.5 yrs...I am still not sure what happened.. best guess is that somebody stole him or probably he ran away with his soul mate :cry:
I am sorry for starting my story.. Mr. Mean face made me lost in my past...I was emotionally attached to "Sam"
Have a nice day and take care of yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:27 pm 

No worries bud, cats have a unique way of getting under you skin. Actually I'm ashamed to admit we've nicknamed him Fluffy Balls. I'm sure if he knew he'd be even angrier, LOL

My Flickr