Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:15 pm 
Not the greatest shots but just a few random ones when we got the fur ball just yesterday.

I have used the 18-105mm. This is my first shots at a pet . I have used P setting in the D90. Mild PP in the first 2 pics , the rest are in camera settings b/w.

If there is anyway I can improve the shots or settings I should use for a indoor pet? I chose not to use flash , it makes the cat look real different. Any tips would help.

________
smoking kills

Last edited by goldengloves on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:12 pm 

I'm a bit of a noob myself, but the only thing I would recommend is to not be afraid of high ISO on the D90. Upto 1200 will yield pretty good results before you start reducing noise in PP (as you've demonstrated)

Just watch out for shutter speed there. In your first shots you shooting at 37mm focal length with a 1/13th second shutter speed. That's pushing it even with VR switched on on the lens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:27 pm 
the first one has a hallmark feel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:57 pm 
Ohh so cute !

congrats with the new family member ! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:24 pm 
Very cute kitten.

Try high ISO, low f number. It's good to avoid flash with cats - makes them look flat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:01 am 
Its time to get a Prime lens like 50 f/1.8. For this situation, set in at AV aperture setting of f/1.8. Higher ISO Setting around 800 to 1600 & voila! you'll get a better Kitty shot without the aid of flash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:48 pm 
Thanks Adi , and thanks to the rest for the replies . I will be trying the methods as you all mentioned.
________
glass pipes