Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 42  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:27 pm 

absolutely love the first one kpr... looking outside now I'm tempted to go out in a bit as soon as it lightens up a bit more... ya 9:30am and we are still pretty dark here. Just gotta finish the house work and see what the temps and wind are like. Figure after yesterday`s weather things might be on the move a bit more today. We got a good dumping of snow so food ain`t gonna be that easy for them to find for the rest of the winter... forecast is calling for more most of the week.

Reflections On Canadian Wildlife
My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:17 pm 

Well if all else fails go visit some farmer friends with deer issues.... some mulies...

you know they are too used to people when you can get pics like this... if this guy keeps this up he will be on my friend's dinner table next year.

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:15 am 

Cool eyeguard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:31 am 
Looks like he has been rubbing his antlers on the John Deere :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:02 am 
We recently bought a cabin and there are lots of Deer and Elk, along with other wildlife there.

COLD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:09 am 
Just after one of the big snow storms a big heard of Elk came just out the back of our cabin and stayed the whole day, as well as some Deer. There is too much snow there now and they have all moved out. Most of these were out of range for my equipment and the lighting was poor, but I took them from the back deck so that's pretty cool :)

They started crossing the lake that had only been frozen for about a week, it must have cracked and spooked them back to behind my cabin for the rest of the day. Notice the calf towards the back putting on the skids.

Running away from the ice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:14 am 
This was from an elk hunting trip, it was still early and not a lot of light so I couldn't get the elk in focus along with my nephew.

Not the greatest picture, but the elk herd we got within 200 yards of had around 200 in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:20 am 

cool Kev... looks like there are some focus issues in the first 3 but I love the setting... the lake crossing are neat especially with your outline and looking at that little guy you pointed out. Same with the herd resting in the trees.. love that.. too bad the sun is wrong but that is the nature of wildlife photography... cant stage it and you take what you can get.... eventually it all falls into place in regards to time and place.

L:ooks like you got an awesome place for a cabin... look forward to seeing more as you discover the area and its animals :)

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:08 am 

Those are great kev!!
I like the one of your nephew best the elk don't need to be the focus or in focus...
I can see them watching the hunter...very cool shot IMO.

We got some snow finally.
They are starting to yard up...now if we could get some wind to clear the snow from the canopy and then dare I ask for some sunshine? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:06 am 
I wasn’t carrying my tripod and it was late in the day when I found this doe. I took quite a few shots; this was the best of the bunch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:44 am 
"I like the one of your nephew best the elk don't need to be the focus or in focus...
I can see them watching the hunter...very cool shot IMO. "

Thanks KPR, I said something about the elk out of focus because that was a comment I got from a few people I showed. I personally liked the way it looked with the elk out of focus, and in the full sized picture you can see my nephew's face really well. It was his first hunt and his dad was pretty proud of him so it was great to capture it. Your comment reminded me that sometimes we need to not worry about what other people think if it makes us happy.

That doesn't mean I don't appreciate criticism, that's the reason I post here to learn. I love taking pictures and want to get better at it so nobody be afraid to give it to me straight :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:43 am 

"reminded me that sometimes we need to not worry about what other people think if it makes us happy. "

Absolutely!!!

Last edited by kpr on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:35 pm 

couldnt agree more Kev... doent matter what others think as long as they work for you... I stopped listening to ppl a while back in this regards if I'm pleased with an image... I'm always open to critisim and comments.. if I apply them or not and/or taake them serious is up to me though. I also get a lot of ppl asking my why I need this or that when it comes to my gear.. simple... cause I want it.. what other reason do I need.

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:21 pm 

I broke my fence rule...couldn't help myself though.... :lol:
I sooo wnated to get more of that piglet/boarlet but the momma was having none of it and I wasn't up to challenging her.
G/F would have,I almost had to check her pockets when leaving to make sure she hadn't tucked in somewhere....
All back to normal here today...no more fences and ...-19C with ice fog :roll:
kpr << stayin home and keeping the dogs company by the woodstove.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:46 pm 

Still cloudy and windier than heck.. gusts up to 85km today... but came across these guys today while checking out a few new areas. distance was about 250 meters.

My Flickr

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 42  Next