Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: spider!
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:34 am 

it was cropped because i cant get that close.....yet and added vignetting because well, i thought it looked nice.

opinions?!

discuss. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:33 pm 
focus seems way off here and i think getting rid of the vignetting would at to the picture.. what you want to do here is raise your f number to f/8 or 9 to get a larger depth of field and then get level with the spider (i assume this wasnt living.. it doenst look like it) then simply take a piece of white poster board and lean it without a crease on a wall or something and the use a flash and bouce it off the wall to blow the white out and really highlight your subject.. here are a few examples that ive taken using this method of old cameras that my grandfather gave me...

using this method really highlights the subject and brings it out.. so give this a shot its fun to do with any object really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:07 am 
he was alive, lol i dont think hed have liked the flash, he was trying to run down the drain as it was.

thanks for the advice, i kinda dont know where to begin with light, but i guess no better time to start experimenting than now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:36 am 
smiles77 wrote:
he was alive, lol i dont think hed have liked the flash, he was trying to run down the drain as it was.

thanks for the advice, i kinda dont know where to begin with light, but i guess no better time to start experimenting than now!

ahhh ok so there was no chance at all to get a studio shot especially with a hairy spider like this.. ill take a shot of my setup later and post it to show you what i do and how i take the picture.. its quite easy really.. just get a flash and bounce it off the wall and ceiling and stuff its really fun to do.. so have fun experimenting.. trust me.. it took me 3-4 days of experimenting with the flash to get the desired results.. its not easy!!