Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:25 am 
One day, I walked along the river bank, saw these purple little flowers. Trying hard to focus, because of bad eyesight and little experience with manual focus, guess the result is quite good to me.

Photo took with D40 and an old 50mm AF/1.8 bought from ebay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:50 am 
Very nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:53 am 
Very nice! I just got my hands on a 50mm Prime too i love it even if i have to manual focus so sharp is crazy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:49 am 
speaking of 50mm primes, would you guys trust an ebay 50mm 1.8 for 30$? granted theres still a day left on it. but idk what to think, their satisfaction rating is like 95%.

nice shot btw, hey just found out this today due to someone on site. but in the viewfinder theres a little green dot that lights up when it thinks you have focus. on d40x/60 at least. but im sure d40 has it too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:11 am 
Be very careful getting a 50mm prime off ebay there are LOTS of different nikon versions going back years! The latest one Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8D is very cheap brand new. I found that prices on ebay for this version are actually more expensive than buying it from a proper retailer. I got mine from jessops.co.uk for £76 delievered. (i used a voucher to get 5% off the already cheap price). If you go here here you can find a review of the lens i have got! Very sharp believe me! If you are interested in the older 50mm primes then go here Should cover all your potenial purchases. Oh and final thought the latest one as its new from nikon comes with there warrenty (handy). 8)