Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:42 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:24 pm 
even though I have had my DSLR for a while I haven't really taken any macro shots.

I had a bit of trouble getting all the flowers in the shot in focus, as you can see the lower one is out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:23 am 
I like the photo you have the one flower is pretty sharp, and nice little polleninators in focus. The yellow pop's at you strongly.

not sure yet about the metering mode, if that does anything. I don't know what that does yet but sounds like it might be in the category of keeping more in focus. Also the higher F-stop number should help keep more area's sharp, but many people seem to like to draw you to one flower or one area, and then blur other flowers and things a bit to pull you into the focus point. Kinda like you did actually. But if your going for all in focus. I'm not all sure how to do that.

here's a picture of a flower in focus and I meant to blur the others. Kind of brings you into the photo.

Or more like your photo but much less drastic on the blurring. I notice that your yellow jumps out much more than mine did on these flowers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:25 am 
Good shot!! :)

If you're after more in focus you'll need a bigger f-number.

Mark