Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rock and roll Hair!
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:14 pm 
Hey guys, so i was out in my garden today when i noticed that one of my plants had been half eaten; I inspected the plant and found these beautiful caterpillars with the funkiest hair in the world. Love the Blonde Mowhawk look.

I only realised i had left my camera on f4.0 from last time i was shooting, till after i had finished taking the pictures, i probably could have got a wider DOF if i used f13. OH well i learn from my mistakes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:54 pm 
That just awsome, that lill fella right there is going to trunt into a nice butterfly i think, that macro lens is doing a pretty good job i must say or u just know how to use it very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:59 pm 
Beautiful colors and pictures.. boy i'll tell ya.. ive seen tremendous macro photography from a lot of people on here and most of them seem to own olympus cameras.. i dont know if its the focusing distance or what but it just seems that way... great job man!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:22 pm 

like a mini david bowie in Labrynth....I never in my life have seen a better catapillar...wonder what he will be when he grows up..sure is interesting seeing all of those dots, spots, and fuzzies...love the second one, his portraiture for posterity...lol...reminds me that change is good, and even if you are green and hairy today, someone thinks you're cute..and the bonus is there may just be something good about to happen!
A snug nap, and WINGS! What a little green miricle.
you've really put your knowlege to use, here, and chosen well your settings, because this, is excellent...and I love it.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:35 pm 
Hey guys thanks all for the feedback

alex168: I'm starting to understand how to use this lens, and the limitations it has as well, but I still feel I can get better images, this calls for more practice! :wink:

emp93: I'm not sure if it is the camera I was kinda hoping it was me! :o No only joking I seriously thing that it doesn't matter what brand camera you have, I’ve seen people use the raynox on bridge P&S and get better pictures than I do, just check out the Raynox DCR-250 flicker group photos, most of them are from cameras like Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd/S6500fd and Sony H9. http://www.flickr.com/groups/raynoxdcr250/.

Patti: I thought David Bowie when I saw this little fella as well; I think this is a Tussock moth caterpillar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:30 am 
i wasnt saying that it wasnt you who did this good i just meant these cameras have great photos and beautiful colors.. hey its the photographer not the camera!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:31 pm 
Top notch hairy caterpillar there. I grew up surrounded by thousands of these little fellas. Sadly we don't see so many these days.

A lovely little trip down memory lane for me there, and such a groovy model.

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:14 am 
Great shots! I think the small DOF works really nice in the second shot.