Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:16 pm 
I was just kind of bored and wondered of to take a walk for a while and i spotted this flower on my way. So guess what i do? I unmount my kit lens and mount the prime on (yeah) and shot this at f2.2 or 2.8 cant really recall, but something like that, the background didn't come out completly black so i had to do some post!

What do you guys think?

EXIF Data:
Camera: Nikon D40X
Exposure: 1/2500 sec
Aperture: f/3.2
Focal Length: 50 mm (x1.5=75mm)
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0/6 EV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:33 pm 
Very nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:05 pm 
That is a nice flower! :) Were the droplets added? They seem to be trend in this forum at the moment. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:25 pm 
Nice flower Alex, One problem i have with this photo... the watermark is annoying!:shock:
grahamnp is correct the flowers with droplets is very cliché, but the combination of flowers and water just look so nice and i have fallen prey to taking pictures like this as seen in my post! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:33 pm 
Fellas thanks alot for the kind words!

When i was walking about i always bring a water bottle to drink, and i though it might have added a bit of a nice touch, the water just makes the flower look fresh some how! My last few drops.

This is my first flower with water :P

Angelo, Sorry about the watermarking, i try to make its as invisible as possible but still there.

Yeah i was checking your post before, i m not HUGE fan of "macro" so to speak but a nice little flower here and there wont hurt anyone right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:59 pm 
It won't hurt anyone, cliche' is good sometimes, keep up the good work, i really like your photos and i enjoy reading your blog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:03 pm 
angelo.milioto wrote:
It won't hurt anyone, cliche' is good sometimes, keep up the good work, i really like your photos and i enjoy reading your blog.

Yeah cliche is good, look at all those pictures of the golden gate :P

Thanks alot angelo, thanks for reading the blog, feel free to give any feedback on it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:00 pm 
Nice flower there alex.. how did you get that background all black light that.. very cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:15 pm 

what blog, alex? I know about the flicker page, but I had not thought that you had your own blog!! linkage please, you can pm it, or splash it here...

and I like water drops on flowers, somehow, they do look fresher...dewey...but the real reason I like it, is because sometimes, you catch rainbows in the droplets, or they reflect a little unexpected side light, and it is never a sin to capture light...it is always an "event"..even on a macro scale...I never feel that is cliche, a little hydration is a good thing....(and in case you are in the habit of GIVING flowers, they always look just right with a little spritz, even if they are fading)...

intriguing colors, here, alex...well captured, and the black is stunning...sets it off just right..I'd say for an impromtu walk, with a lens change, and a spent bottle of water, you managed to make it pretty special..
gracias...great effort, well rewarded...a keeper...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:27 pm 
Emp thanks man!

Patti, you havent heard about my bloog:O Well just click on where it says "MY Blog" in my signature or go here http://blackerphotography.blogspot.com/ they will te yu the same places

Thats very true Patti, about the rainbows and the colors and the angle of the light on the water drops! But i don't have a "close" enough lens to get to that level just yeat. As you have noticed i m not a big macro fan, i rather look at them then take them.

I think this is going to be my new thing, adding a black or white background to a flower because it just make the whole image just hop in your face :)

I try to work with what i have Pati and i think eveyne should! Its always nice to hear what you have to say!