Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:36 am 

I was testing out some new gear the other day, A JO-M-TL1 (Being the Macro Twin Light) and the JO-M-SB1 (being my LED macro Softbox) I'll post more on those in a bit.

Anyway I went out and picked some flowers that are unimportant,weeds if you will and I also took some shots outside.

Feedback is always welcome, I was really surprised I uploaded them and I went to send one more to a group and I'd seen I had two comments. I though damn, that was fast. Also this is cool to me, one of the guys last names (that commented) was O'Connell

Anyway,
jake

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:48 am 
I'm loving #2! One thing that I find about black and white is that the simpler it is, the better IMO. The other ones just seem like there is two much going on in the background, and it kind of takes away from the subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:36 am 

gamerz wrote:
I'm loving #2! One thing that I find about black and white is that the simpler it is, the better IMO. The other ones just seem like there is two much going on in the background, and it kind of takes away from the subject.

gotta agree with that. i love the 2nd aswell :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:23 am 

No. 2 is great. There is no disturbing background, most of the flower is in good focus with perfect focus on the center of the flower, and the fact that the shot is in black and white adds just that more drama to an already well composed shot.

Wish I could take a shot like that :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:22 am 

Thanks,

I thinm #2 is my fave too, but I also really like number 3.

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:43 am 
JakeOConnell wrote:
Thanks,

I thinm #2 is my fave too, but I also really like number 3.

Good material there jake, with ur SLR or what ever camera you have :P

i m liking number 3 the most seems to be the "dying" flower works quite nice on the B&W, nice going dude