Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: attempt at macro
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:46 pm 

*edit* added more

Comments and feedback greatly appreciated

my flickr: http://flickr.com/photos/25564715@N08/[/img]

Last edited by runnerdude154 on Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:49 am 

Hi runner dude, I am new to the game myself (see my first (d60) macro post here oh and please tell me what you think of mine :wink: ) so im probably not the most qualified person to ask. The first two links do not seem to have worked as for the others:

#3 I like the best, i like the subtle colours and what the hell is that? :? Well whatever it is its really interesting nice shot :D .

#4 i like how you have used depth of field to make your subject sharp. However im not sure what but the composition does not feel right. I think its because my eye gets drawn down to the other smaller flower and then i almost feel disappointed thats out of focus :( .

#5 Great colour contrast between the two similiar flowers, the colours are really vibrant. With this one i also think the composition just doesn't feel right. I would have been tempted to get really close on one of the pink blossoms (not sure if thats the right word) and use depth of field to blur the similiar blue blossoms in the background and put the pink one in sharp focus. :wink:

50 mm f/1.8D AF Prime \ Canon 500D \
Lowepro Apex 140aw \ Sandisk ExtremeIII 4GB