Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:45 pm 
Hi all, here are some shots I took yesterday in my yard. Let me know what you think.

I turned the ISO up to 1600 to see if I could freeze the bee's wings, I just about did but quite a bit of noise at this level. Any other suggestions in trying to do this?

I thought I saw on here that I can post up to 1024 pix. so I hope this was ok. Thanks for the comments, let me know what you all think.

Charlie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:03 pm 

csmonte wrote:
...I thought I saw on here that I can post up to 1024 pix. so I hope this was ok...

No problem at all. Up to 1024 is fine for everything except the photo-intensive On Assignment submissions threads where 500 pixels on the longest dimension is the rule.

Nice shots. Spring has come, the grass has ris. I wonder where the birdies is?

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:05 pm 
Looks like SPRING is over at your place, it has even arrived here in Sweden :D i m soo psyched!

The sunsets are just getting really nice these days going to get some shots later on this week (hopefully tommorw) at the golden hour!

great shots, that tree in the 1st pix smells soo good!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:46 pm 
csmonte wrote:
I turned the ISO up to 1600 to see if I could freeze the bee's wings, I just about did but quite a bit of noise at this level. Any other suggestions in trying to do this?

Well you could try opening the aperture wider (small f-number) but this is dependent on the lens you have. The larger aperture will allow you to shorten the shutter speed without increasing the ISO. You'll also get a smaller depth of field.

Great shots by the way. 8)

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:43 am 
Number one is my fav, really well done

The weather is so bad aound here :( it doesn't smell like spring at all. I can't believe spring has arrived to Sweden already! haw can that be? :D

Quentin