Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:15 am 
Heres some pics I took for fun today. First flowers popping up. First warm day.

criticism greatly accepreciated

Last edited by runnerdude154 on Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:07 pm 
hello runnerdude154,

Great colourful close ups you have here, just shows you that you don't need a really expensive camera, my first camera was a 4mp Olympus too and I loved it.

If you allow me i personally feel that there can be some improvement to make the pictures perfect. Now I’m no pro, so i don't like tell other people how to improve their photo's... because what do i know! So you can take what i say or just tell me to piss off :D.

I realise that getting close up you'll have shallow DOF, but i just feel that the first photo a bit more of the photo should be in focus not just the flower in the top corner, just to get more of that sharp purple feel. Maybe that's the effect you wanted if so no problem.

The second one is slightly too bright and you have 'Blown' the colours of the two front flowers so it is has lost the beautiful detail that is seen in the first photo.

Other than that they are great photos and what is in focus is very sharp, so you can tell me to bugger off and stick my comments up my.... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:13 am 
Thanks for the tips! I was using auto exposure (since its a compact) and the metering isn't that great on it, so that's my excuse. That first one I did a soft focus in Picasa because it was my background and making the icon labels hard to read. I updated that post with the original. And here's one I took today:

I'm still a noob at photography, so any tips are greatly appreciated!

(But I already know I should get a better camera)