Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Making espresso.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:24 pm 
Hello all.

I thought i would share with you my morning routine that keeps me awake before I start my 12 hour shift at work.

You may not be able to smell the coffee but I hope you can get an idea of it.

6am. Walk into the kitchen Gaggia machine switched on, and is left for 5mins to let the filter holder to warm up without coffee in it.

ImageImage

6. 05 am. Ground lavazza qualtita oro goes into the holder and is pressed down with a tamper.

6.06 am. The holder is placed into the machine and the button is pressed, the liquid, that resembles chocolate trickles out filling the little cup. The room fills with the beautiful aroma of coffee.

ImageImage

6.07 am. Half a teaspoon of sugar is stirred in and the cup is raised to my mouth...

6.08am.... All gone ready for work!

Hope you enjoy the pictures. C&C are more than welcome.

Last edited by angelo.milioto on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:38 pm 
I just did one :)

Nice shots man, but my machine is automatic all i do is press a bottum :D i m coffe geek if anything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:46 pm 
Half the fun is in the preparation. :wink:

Plus I'm a Gaggia fanboy! and full auto machines are sooo expensive.

I'll be getting one of these when i can afford one.

Achille Gaggia Espresso Maker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:38 pm 

oh. Gawd. I hate to think that now I have to show you what kinda coffee pot I have in my repitroire...here is a hint. I will have to dig it out, but it has been set on coals, more than once. It has no place to plug in, and it used to on the back of my stove, as a reminder. Of better days gone by...now it has a plant in it...

that is one fancy machine...and a great series of shots..

here is how you make cowboy coffee. fill up the pot (an enamal one) with cold water. throw in a handful of coffee grounds. put it on the fire, let it come to a boil. Once it boils, remove pot, to edge of fire..By the time the grounds have sunk to the bottom, it is cool enough to drink..Pour without sloshing, otherwise you disturb the grounds as they slumber on the bottom of the pot.

Last cup is a jolt.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:24 pm 
Sound similar to Turkish coffee or greek coffee. (whatever you want to call it) where you put the very very fine coffee in a Cezve with cold water.

and it is put over a low heat util it becomes thick and foamy. Very strong stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:55 pm 
Well angelo.milioto i live at my parents place ;) and its just amazing, this might help you out. In italy the espresso machines are so much cheaper then anywhere ellse (they r a bargon compared to other places) and there is ntohing like a double espresso after dinner for me (its a must) and the falvour is to die for! Took me some time to learn how to like it but now i just love it

Half of the fun is preparation, call me lazy but i m a busy guy dont u see all the things i do :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:23 am 
Great shots. Look like they're straight out of a product catalogue.

Maybe you could sell them to Gaggia?! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:20 pm 
I wouldn't know the first place to start looking to sell these. Plus these pics are just a bit of fun.

Oh and Alex machines are allot cheaper in Italy, unfortunately i live in rip off Britain, and even though i go back to Italy allot, these things weigh a ton!

Thanks for the comments everyone.

angelo :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:44 am 
Very nice angelo.milioto!!

You just sparked a craving for a cup of espresso in me, so that means your images a darn fine :-)

I agree that these are definitely worthy of a product catalog.

Very enjoyable images evident of an appreciation for coffee.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:30 am 

Hard to name a fav. But for me it's #4 (3. line left)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:33 pm 

Very nice pictures! the 40-150 isn't built for macro though, is it? which makes the photo's an even bigger achievement imo...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:51 pm 
Your right the 40-150mm is not really made for macros, but i have a raynox DCR-250 attached to it.

See this http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4532

The 40-150mm nearest focusing distance is about 0.5m, with the raynox attached it goes down to about 10-12cm. (at the 150mm end)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:29 pm 
i <3 expresso's i cant live without them, when i was in switzerland helping look after 13 kids its all i drank kept me active all the time =P at home i drink loads of coffee, pint pots of it not weak but well very strong lol