Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: fiddle neck
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:42 pm 

this is a wild flower...grows in the hills of California, and makes everything look like a purple blanket...sometimes it comes in yellow, too.
Hope you like it..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:22 am 
Very Nice Shot .. Sharp one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:02 am 
Patty, is this a bushlike flower or is it more like a singel flower (like the snowdrop for exampel)

good old sun shining down on nature, nothing like it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:01 am 
Beautiful shot!!

I love the ambience of it... The soft sunshine makes an atmosphere of comfort and stillness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:10 pm 

Alex, it is low growing, and sorta bushy..wild flowers know no bounds...if they were not so pretty, they might even be called weeds...if they are liking the place where they are growing, it is just a riot of color, short lived, but oh, man when they get going, they shine...these fiddle neck are named for that little curl back around, just like the neck of a fiddle..
about knee high, and loaded with flowers...not singular like the beautiful and elegant snow drop. Figure that in the flower world, these are the party-ers. Show off early, stay little while, look brilliant, then wilt at the the first signs of heat...lol..

gorgeous spring day, and I loved the periwinkle colors.

glad you did too.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:29 pm 
Thanks for the info on the plant, after looking at the iamge one more time i think i knw what flower this is, there is alot of skinny stems stiking out of a "main base" so to speak right. Becaue if it is that one i knw how it looks like, and they grow everywhere down in Spain :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:20 am 
Nice photo, Should take one of the whole field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:24 am 
Lovely shot patti!

Good rich colors, nice DOF and smooth bokeh.

There's a good "glow" in this image :-)

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:58 am 
Nice shot, you are so lucky being in Calafornia. I am stuck here in the dreary UK, where its usually cold, dull and grey. Makes these nice macro shots more difficult to come by.

The suggestion of taking a picture of the whole field might be a good idea if it is a sea of blue flowers. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:03 am 
Looks great, really sharp!

I too would like to see the "purple blanket"! :D