Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:43 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:35 am 
This is my first time so all pointers and criticisms are welcome!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aruxaru/2345208598/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aruxaru/2345177418/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aruxaru/2342339558/

Thanks!!

PS. if you would like to point out any hints on any other pictures, please do so!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:47 am 
Hi aruxaru!

Nice shots.. especially like no#3.

For me in #1 and #2 the Highlights are blown out.. it is quite distracting and draws your eyes away from the (Roses are they :oops: ?).

All in all though. Good first shots :P

Jay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:25 pm 
Looks you got spring, i m jelous here its seems to be a little scetchy!

nice shoots, my fav is nr 3:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:53 pm 

Funny, I actually like 1 and 2 and it doesnt really bother me that the highlights are blown out. It reminds me of a nice Bokeh... I expecially like the silken look of the flowers. Nice job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:17 pm 

I love this stuff. My favorite is that last one, Axy...love the simple patterns gone wild with the coming of spring.. the pale beauty, that lasts just for a little while, you captured forever...it is wonderful. I like the repeating patterns, the crisp droplets of water...the color...how could any bee resist this blossom? Well done!!

It would be fun to stack a series of photos of blossoms, day to day, and post them..time consuming, painstaking, but it would reveal a lot of color changes, and patterns. Little nuances changed daily...hey another element of time...why didn't I think of that before? No. I come up with a lunk of a fender. Sheesh.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:52 am 
awesome! thanks for the feedback

@jay: yes i was playing around with post processing. not only am i new to shooting pictures, i am new to editing the pictures as well. I was probably a little overzealous with that highlight button on picasa.

@paukl: thanks for the compliment. it's mostly a hit or miss thing, and by chance i was able to get that type of texture with those shots.

@alex: weather here is depressing for so long... it's about time for some sun and flowers :D :D (vancouver and the rain....)

@patti: i should really try doing that. there are still some buds that are unbloomed yet. hopefully i can get up the motivation and find the time to do that for this season.