Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:11 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:54 am 
Here are a few shots of my first macro shots with my new camera! I bring you my dream car...

Comments and feedback are warmly welcome!

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:23 pm 
I simply love these pics they are amazing imo... SOOOO cool.. and that car is really good looking too. I also love the small DoF used here and by small i mean Small F number.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:43 pm 

Wow! that is a neat car! I like 1&3 the best I think 3 is a neat angle.

On a side note, you just put a picture of your self in the window, we did that with our RC car in Science Club at school, theres a picture of my friend holding up his rocket looking mad.

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:04 pm 
LOL!! Lovely, lovely shots!!

I remember the Citroen (the Lemon, literally) from Europe years back! Great car - had a friend who fitted it with a Porche motor and had to weigh it down with sandbags to get traction..lol.

Those shots are cool and very well done. Your lighting seems a bit yellow - if you went for that look on purpose, ignore me. Some LEDs or Halogen, a changed white balance setting or some post-processing might make your whites more white if that is your desire.

Love your images though! All we need is a small Tin Tin figure in there!

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:48 pm 
Hi Quentin :D

As said before, I think a less-yellowish lighting would have been perfect.
Also, I find that the second shot is slightly too "narrow", if you see what I mean.

Otherwise, great shots - I see that you're taking advantage of your D80 here ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:09 am 
Just to be a nag-bag here - if you really want to direct more focus and attention to your lovely car, you could consider doing it in front of a piece of paper on a white or glass surface.

I appreciate you were just testing out and it came out great. However, the background detracts a little bit from the attention that this lovely vehicle should get and reminds of of the scale, thus detracting from the illusion a little.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:41 am 

Yes, you did really well here!! Isn't this fun? You know you captured a lot of detail, and it has the cutest shape to it...I am thinkin, that Lah is right about the way to draw your eye to the car...just by improving the background a little bit...it still stands up to the "Look at it like you were a bee rule"...lol..it goes without saying that there is ALWAYS something that we can improve on..

over all I think these are swell!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:52 pm 
Great fin way to show of some really good macro shots. There is just enough on display to tease you to want to see some more and the colours are great. Nice to see something different.

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:59 pm 
thanks for the comments everyone!

you are definetely right about the background which i completely ignored while taking these shots
i was testing myself and the dslr and i'll keep that in mind next time

thanks again

Quentin