Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: wheels of time
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:45 am 

I dunno if this goes right here, or not, but it was the closest I could think of to fittin in.
Wondered what you might think of this? While I was out trying to find something for On Assignment..(empty again)..found these old wooden spoke wheels...
call em as ya see em...

patti

DD it is almost our birthday!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:11 am 
patti....... nice....... but have a go at adding more contrast to give a grunge look...... go> image>ajustments>levels>and play with the sliders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:15 am 

okeedokeee, Master...I will try ...and thanks...this is how it came outta the camera...ya want em more grunged?

let me go write this down...

do the rest of ya think the same?

patti..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:49 am 
Hey patti

i like the shadows on the background. what aperture did you use? the rust and old wood looks great, creates soft colors.

the title of the thread suits your image quite well :wink:

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:30 pm 
yeah i agree with Big Pix.. this would look really awesome if it was darker and had just a little light shining onto the wheels.. so more underexposed.. but not to say its not a good picture, great composition it could just be a tad better lit but still good dont get me wrong lol :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:25 pm 

thank you, emp, and thank you Quentin.....
I am going to try and make it better, and then post it again, after I figure out how..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:34 pm 
cool shot Patti. How bizzare I took a similar shot a couple fo days ago of a pile of old saddles, very similar in colours.

I like the wheels fine how they are but I do agree that a little tweek around the wheels would bring them out lookin like new.

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:37 am 
Hey patti,

I like your shot - it's a good composition and good depth of field, rendering the rear wheel just a little fuzzy.

The colors are true t the weathering these wheels have seen.

"Grunging it up" could certainly render a more "dramatic" image for you, if you wanted to see what that would be like. Sepia-fying it would also complement your great coqboy and horse shot from earlier :-)

However, I like it the way it is. There is a certain quiet "mood" to it. I wonder how it would look in more contrasty B&W? Daguerro-type or Noire type, I'm thinking.

Nice shot patti!

Cheers :-)