Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Car show.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:30 am 
Hello all

I went to a packed car show today. and got some pic's.
Most are a tad dark because they did not let me use a flash. They said that if I come back late sunday there will be less people and I can use it then. They also won't let me use a mono pod, said I could hurt someone, so all the shots are hand held.
Tell me what you think.
Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:40 am 
that is a really nice pic.. except for that dude in the background but if it wasnt for that its awesome! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:29 am 
I would bet there was 400 people at the show. the guy had seen that i was going to take the shot and steped in :evil: :evil: . most others were kind enough to step aside. there are more in my flickr.

I an going again late sunday there should be less people then.

all the shots were taken with the kit lens (18-55mm)

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:43 am 
Hello Nick,

I think the shot is very nice and the lines and curves of the Porche represent a great design, but it's true that the person in the background is distracting. I know though how crowded it can get at these shows and it's often hard to take a shot of the car only.

It's funny you've posted this as I've went to a car show not long ago too and got some shots (one is sooo similar :lol: and i also saw some porches) If you 'd like I could post some of them ... I just wouldn't want to invade your tread :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:46 am 
Andy wrote:
If you 'd like I could post some of them ... I just wouldn't want to invade your tread :)

Go for it. It would be nice to see how others shoot cars.

If any body has shots of cars feel free to post!!!!

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:48 am 
it is hard to get clean shots in busy areas....... I like the light and reflection, so have a look at a very tight crop of the top and right, to remove the person in the background, and along the edge of the light....... this should be a little more interesting perspective..... or I might be wrong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:50 am 
I will give it a try Big Pix :wink:

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:54 am 
Ok :) Here are some of mine.
These were taken with my kit lens as well and without stabilization.

#1 18mm / 400 ISO / f3.5 / 1/50 s.

#2 18mm / 400 ISO / f3.5 / 1/50 s.

#3 30mm / 400 ISO / f4.2 / 1/40 s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:59 am 
Ok, Big Pix how's this??

Andy:

Nice shots. I like the head light itself, I think the angle may be off a tad, but don't listen to me :lol: :lol:

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:06 am 
Nick, any advise or opinion is appreciate :) thanks .. hum i can't even tellthe angle though ... haha

And your shot looks better cropped like this i find. Also I thought you could try to darken the background if you have PS or maybe add a vignette to darken the person and really put focus on the headlight (this is more easily done with simpler programs too). Only some ideas :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:14 am 
I have PS CS3 I am going to "try" and crop the whole car out, and layer it to a black backround. Then get a new shot tomorrow of the side and add it to the backround in the upper right, and the Porsh symbol below.

Anyway, that is what I want to do, but I don't know PS that well. I will spend some time on it and get it right :? 8) :lol:

As far as the angle goes. I like the look of shoting from the front and getting the side of the car. In you shot it looks as tho you are almost looking down on it. But that is just me 8) :lol:

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:14 am 
crop just on the top edge of the light and the same on the right side it is a very tight crop on the light, then your reflection should work well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:20 am 
Hows this??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:25 am 
now it works....... sometimes very tight cropping will improve an image, you have removed any distracting elements..... compare the cropped with the original

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:32 am 
I agree with what you are saying %100, but with a crop that tight I think I should shoot it more head-on or more to the right as to get the body more.
what do you guys think??
Nick