Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: ta dummmmmmmmmm
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:20 pm 

I am hopin Bob dosen't have to bail me out again.....

PANDORAS BOX

ok. I got the doodads in there, let me see if this works...

whoooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I did it!!!!

ok. I have to go find out the settings ..hold on, I will figure it out..brb..
in the mean time whadaya think?

ok got the list...here you are:
this is the right list, I think...

Camera: EOS 40D
Shutter Speed: 1/100
AV: 5.6
ISO 400
Lens: EF70-300mm f/4

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:52 pm 

how's about this one?

I took these on January 1, 2008..had just gotten my Camera...my first shots with the 40d.

Like Buddah....

love it.

EOS 40D

shutter 1/500
AV: 8.0
ISO Speed: 200
Lens EF 70-300mm f/4

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:14 pm 
i like the second one patti the first one is kinda blah like theres nowhere for your eye to go but on your second one its perfect the one flower is in crisp focus and it looks great good job! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:19 pm 

YAY!!!!!!!!
I am just glad I could figure out what Bob said to do...the fact that you like the yellow ones, is a bonus for me!!!! whooohoooooo, thanks emp!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:28 am 
patti wrote:
YAY!!!!!!!!
I am just glad I could figure out what Bob said to do...the fact that you like the yellow ones, is a bonus for me!!!! whooohoooooo, thanks emp!

patti

your welcome... but i just thought of something that would make that even better not to down that picture its still great but you could have used a smaller aperture.. I dont know what your smallest f number is but like the lowest one it can go and focus on that flower that is in sharp focus in this one and then you will clearly see that and the background wont take away from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:52 am 
Hey patti,

congratz on navigating the "doo dads" successfully. May it lead to many more photos from you in the forums.

Undeniably the first on is pleasingly colorful and the flowers are amazing. Interesting shapes and textures mixing. But the very refined depth of field that is normally associated with macro-photography is hard to spot here and it seems a little two dimensional. You have taken this further away from the flowers than in the second one and the light from what seems to be an overcast sky, have also stolen away some depth by not lending much shadow play to the image.

The second one is also beautiful, but here you have the helpful assistance of sunlight, making the colors pop all the more, giving a very wide range of yellows and interesting shadows. You are closer to the subject and have much more depth of field.

I think the people who invented macro-photography and started taking flower pics wanted us to feel like a bug on approach to a colorful airfield. The second one accomplished that :-)

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:09 am 
I just love macro photography, there are lots of detail to take in, really nice pictures Patti.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:21 pm 

Thanks Oly-Geoff...it was my first time out with the camera, and the lense. Am glad that those flowers, from the Rose Parade floats turned out..not the best for composing, a ton of people, pushin and shoving..(it is California, ya know). Thank you for making me a little note..your opinions on this forum, mean the world to me..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:26 pm 
Hi Patti,

I know less is supposed to be more in macro, but I adore number one. The colours, the shapes of the closed buds and flowers, its just stunning. Number two is fast on the heels of number one. I love macro and have done quite a bit, but I shall be patient and wait until I take some new ones. That way I am learning along with the new camera.

These are great Patti, thanks for sharing.

Cheers Ormina